starbucks

no sheep

Link Removed

I dont like there products but think there gun laws are great. The comments are great.

Link Removed

I dont like there products but think there gun laws are great. The comments are great.

SB does NOT make any laws. They say they will go with whatever the state say. As a private business they could ban guns from any or all stores if they wanted to. This would not violate any laws.

Also, saying they "follow state law" is disingenuous. State law allows them as private property owners to forbid weapons from their property. Costco is following state law and they ban firearms.

Starbucks released a statement saying "We comply with local laws and statutes in all the communities we serve. That means we abide by the laws that permit open carry in 43 U.S. states. Where these laws don't exist, openly carrying weapons in our stores is prohibited. The political, policy and legal debates around these issues belong in the legislatures and courts, not in our stores."

Also, saying they "follow state law" is disingenuous. State law allows them as private property owners to forbid weapons from their property. Costco is following state law and they ban firearms.

Not true. Costco doesn't ban guns, at least not all of them do. The one by me isn't pro-gun but they aren't anti either. I went in there OCing and when manager came out to talk to me she simply said it had to be concealed if I wanted to carry it in the store. There's no sign at the door, but apparently I was "scaring other patrons" with my big bad 1911.

With the issue being so emotionally portrayed by the liberals. We are being criticized for any demonstration in support the right to bear arms publicly. It is OK for antis to demonstrate, but because we display our firearms as a public demonstration of our peaceful ability to exercise our rights under the law WE are wrong. It all comes back to antis not being able to accept the fact that we have the right and are willing to exercise that right and they can't overcome it legally.
~
So it then goes to all the denigration tactics to charge the events with emotion, unfounded by facts but still an attempt to sway the public without any legitimate basis for their claims.
~
The ugly truth is the facts on gun ownership scare the crap out of them (antis), that is why they had to produce an eighty page playbook for the antis to get collective act together.

Not true. Costco doesn't ban guns, at least not all of them do. The one by me isn't pro-gun but they aren't anti either. I went in there OCing and when manager came out to talk to me she simply said it had to be concealed if I wanted to carry it in the store. There's no sign at the door, but apparently I was "scaring other patrons" with my big bad 1911.

Did you tell her to stick it?

I applaud SB's OC policy. They could just as easily cave to the antis and ban firearms on their property and be within their right to do so but they don't.

It is not posted on their doors, or always enforced fully. Here is an excerpt from a policy that you have to dig very hard to find:

"Costco does not believe that it is necessary for firearms to be brought into its warehouse stores, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers. For the protection of all our members and employees, we feel this is a reasonable and prudent precaution to ensure a pleasant shopping experience and safe workplace. Our policy is meant to protect our members and employees in all warehouses around the world. This is not a new policy and we do not customize the policy for each individual city/county/state/country where we do business.

Our primary goal at Costco Wholesale is to keep our members happy. If you believe that our policy restricting members from bringing firearms into our warehouse stores is either unfair or excessively burdensome, or you cannot agree to abide by this policy, or you are dissatisfied for any other reason, Costco will promptly refund your annual membership fee in full."

I see you are in WA, and I know numerous people who have been asked to leave their gun in the car at the Lacey store.

Did you tell her to stick it?

Yep. Got a refund on my pizza and left. Haven't been back since

No signs in Costco here in SC. Yes business's have a right to forbid carry. But when businesses try to tell employees that they can not dress in cultural ways (IMO correct), the ACLU and such get involved. Someday someone has to reasonably explain how we went from an armed country to so many haters in so few years.

It is not posted on their doors, or always enforced fully. Here is an excerpt from a policy that you have to dig very hard to find:

"Costco does not believe that it is necessary for firearms to be brought into its warehouse stores, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers. For the protection of all our members and employees, we feel this is a reasonable and prudent precaution to ensure a pleasant shopping experience and safe workplace. Our policy is meant to protect our members and employees in all warehouses around the world. This is not a new policy and we do not customize the policy for each individual city/county/state/country where we do business.

Our primary goal at Costco Wholesale is to keep our members happy.(just not the ones who wish to exercise their 2A rights) added If you believe that our policy restricting members from bringing firearms into our warehouse stores is either unfair or excessively burdensome, or you cannot agree to abide by this policy, or you are dissatisfied for any other reason, Costco will promptly refund your annual membership fee in full."(We don't care if you are satisfied or happy, we just want it OUR way.) added

I see you are in WA, and I know numerous people who have been asked to leave their gun in the car at the Lacey store.

You can be a member and we will take you money. We just don't want you to do it constitutionally.
~
This just gives me one more way of saving money. Could never understand the theory behind buying permission to shop somewhere, I don't care how much they say you are going to save. Cause I just don't believe it anyway.

Link Removed

They say they would not sit next to a gun, well, with the CCW they do no know I have a dreaded assault Glock with huge 15 round KLIP. Tell S.B. in your area thanks for not kowtowing to freeks against guns.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back