stan29678

stan29678

Just joined USA Carry. Waiting on permit for my home state of SC. Should be here any day. Carry gun is S&W M&P 9C and I love it. My wife is a professional photographer, who concentrates on nature photos. Consequently, we do a fair amount of hiking and after recent events decided to take the course and get our cwp's.

Welcome Stan,
I also just joined today. Glad to see all the upstate folks on this board.
I also have a S&W M&P, mine is the .40c. I love it. Have you got to shoot yours much yet?

top right says Seneca...

That's about as far Northwest as you can get in the State. Big booming town...

Have fun in the woods.... one of my favorite things to do is go for a walk up in the hills and about.

I'd note the date I sent the application in and count off 92 days from then... start checking your mail box after about 80. Back when packing dot org. was running we had a running check to see who could get their permit the quickest.... SLED is famous for holding the dern thing till the last minute. I got mine a couple years back and I think somebody must have had to go on vacation because it took right at 80 days... I think somebody once got one in something like 60... renewals I think take two weeks or some short time.

I'm originally from Easley and use to roam Oconee when I was young. Loved the area. You may not have to wait too long on your permit. A friend sent his paperwork in after Jan 1st and had it in his hand 30 days later.

I have fired a couple of hundred target rounds through it. One of the most accurate small frame guns i have ever used. The thing I like most is the low recoil when firing. It is a very steady weapon.

Wow! That is much quicker turnaround than I have seen so far. Completed the course on Jan 12 and mailed applications on the 14th. It is March 21 and no permit yet.

You are correct about sled taking their time. The instructor told me that since I have valid security credentials to enter a nuclear facility and am sled certified to maintain state sled computer equipment, mine would probably take around 45 days. It's alread been over 30...

Oconee county in the extreme western corner. I can see the Blue Ridge Mountains from my house and can drive to them in about ten minutes.

Completed the course on Jan 12 and mailed applications on the 14th. It is March 21 and no permit yet.
WOW!! Either your clock's running fast or time really flies down there in South Carolina! We just bought some property down in Liberty (Ain't that a GREAT name for a town!?) outside of Greenville. Looking forward to relocating in a big way!

Really, I'm in deep Sh&%... then... because yesterday was

my wedding aniversary!

I suspect that being able to enter a Nuclear facility would not really effect the CCW process with sled a whole lot.

Hell, I've gotten clearnace to get into and work in what most would say is the most important office on the planet....(it ain't square or rectangle) that was a whole lot easier than changing the title on a car in this state.... just my opinion.

I think he was referring to the fbi background checks and all that sort of stuff and the sled background check ( i think they are probably the same check). Personally, i don't think either will make any difference in the length of time. SLED will get to it when they get to it and not one day sooner..

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back