SR9 vs Glock

zgauthier

Okay I own both of these guns and I carry both for CC on a regular basis. I personally prefer the SR9 over the Glock. I do not play into the whole "Glock is Gods greatest gift to the world deal." I own both, Glock is great, prefer SR9. which do you prefer and why?

I too own a SR9c and a Glock 27. Both are fine guns in my humble opinion. I just feel you can never have to many guns and if you like them and can shoot them well, No problem!!:dirol:

Looked around a ton. Got 3 glocks, have owned 4. Over the last few years I sold off my other hand guns. I'm happy and I am glad you are. To each his own.

Well, I guess you can guess which I perfer. When I bought my SR9 in 2008, I looked at several of the top 5 9MM auto-loaders. I fired them, held them in my hand, both left and right, abd decided on the SR9. It has a ambidexterous safety release. Who says which hand you may have free to shoot with in a confrontational situation. I can draw, release safety and fire with either hand. Not possible with some guns. you would have to have a right h and or left hand model. The Ruger SR9 was the gun that felt most comfortable in either hand. I also like the fact that it is made right here in Arizona, USA. Not foriegn countries, making a problem getting parts in bad times.

This can only be a matter of opinion. I like my SR9c, as well as my SR40c. They are most frequently my carry guns. I didn't like the Glock, not because they aren't good, reliable guns, but because the grip does not fit my hand well. I also much prefer the Ruger's trigger.

With the gen 4 glocks and different back straps I can appreciate them now. Ruger sr9 is a decent gun, but the slide and mags are sticky (require more pressure to operate) and not as refined as a glock.

Want a great gun look at a cz, fn or sig :)

definitely a personal thing the question...what is the best "you-name-it" game. I have and use both the Glock 22 and SR40c. So one is not real small and the other is smaller. They both function great but I do like the trigger better on the SR40c and the option to use a ambi safety is a good thing in my mind so again the SR40c for IWB carry, however, for OWB carry the Glock 22 is just fine. The SR40c mags are not as friendly to load as the Glock mags ie getting the first round started, at least for me.

From an SR40C owner.... I like their ergonomics and trigger better than Glock. Would I own a G23 0r 27, Yes i would, though it wouldn't be my top choice. Glocks really shine in After market and accessories. They are slightly easier to take apart then the SR series firearms. The main sticking point I hear about Rugers are their manual safeties. The only one that i really dislike is the magazine when released locks the stricker, so you cant shoot last round if magazine accidentally releases.

definitely a personal thing the question...what is the best "you-name-it" game. I have and use both the Glock 22 and SR40c. So one is not real small and the other is smaller. They both function great but I do like the trigger better on the SR40c and the option to use a ambi safety is a good thing in my mind so again the SR40c for IWB carry, however, for OWB carry the Glock 22 is just fine. The SR40c mags are not as friendly to load as the Glock mags ie getting the first round started, at least for me.

I have been getting better at loading the SR40C mags by hand.... It is a chore , and i prefer their loader.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back