Springfield XD-S 9mm and .45 recall

Sassy Belle

We have the 9mm so we'll be sending it back. Anyone else have one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I will be sending my xds 45 back, will have to carry a ruger lc9 for a while.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I had a used USPS box that fit it perfectly. Wrapped it in foam & sealed it up.
Downloaded the shipping label from SA & took it to the FEDEX facility.
They made it very easy to do.
Just hated to fire up my 1911 to tide me over. Hopefully I'll get it back ASAP.
Wondering if anyone here has had any problem with these guns? I've had mine
for over a year. Have fired hundreds of rounds throuh it with NO issues. I carry
it every day.

Sent my .45 back yesterday. Using my Sig P245 in the interim.

Asked them to enclose a 7 shot mag when they return it & bill me.

LOVE my XDS .45 & absolutely no problems with it.

I sent mines in two day ago, I wasn't having any problem even with 1100+ rds through it but I did notice that my slide wasn't locking in place. I think that they are saying about 30 days before I get it back.

Just bought the XDs 9mm and less than 100 rnds thru it when I became aware of the recall. Printed FedEx shipping label from Springfield recall site and will ship it Tuesday. That means 'old reliable' (my Glock 19) will be by my side. Bought the XDs because of the size. I've been saying for years that if Glock came out with a single stack such as the XDs or M&P Shield, they would dominate that market as well. Just sayin'.

Just bought the XDs 9mm and less than 100 rnds thru it when I became aware of the recall. Printed FedEx shipping label from Springfield recall site and will ship it Tuesday. That means 'old reliable' (my Glock 19) will be by my side. Bought the XDs because of the size. I've been saying for years that if Glock came out with a single stack such as the XDs or M&P Shield, they would dominate that market as well. Just sayin'.
Glock 36 - .45. Have fun finding one!

I just received this from Springfield:

The XD-S upgrade process is scheduled to start in the middle of September. Although we are unable to quote an exact time frame in which your pistol will be returned to you, please know that it is Springfield Armory’s highest priority to complete this process as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience and support!

Updated turnaround info:

[h=4]This information applies only to XD-S™ pistols in the serial number ranges below[/h]Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm pistols - serial numbers between XS900000 and XS938700
Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols - serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300

This Springfield XD-S™ Recall FAQ will be updated every Friday through the recall process. Please check back for updates.

We understand that our voluntary safety recall has made it inconvenient for you to be without your pistol, and we sincerely apologize for that. We also understand your frustration with our lack of follow-up communication to this point and we are committing to you now that we will provide regular updates going forward.

We originally estimated a 30-day turn-around time, but it has unfortunately taken longer to develop and identify an upgrade solution. Please know that we are continuing to test potential upgrade solutions at this time and we have been doing so since we became aware of this issue. This testing is nearing completion and we will post any new updates as soon as we have identified a final upgrade solution. We will post our next update no later than Friday, October 4, and we will communicate immediately if a final solution is identified prior to that date. We wish that we could provide you with a specific return date at this time, but we are unfortunately unable to do so. Upgrades will be completed on a "first come / first served" basis.
[h=4]Why it's taking so long:[/h]We pledge to you that we are working as fast as we can, and have greatly increased our staff and number of shifts to ensure that we are leveraging every hour in the day.

We understand that our decision to announce a voluntary safety recall without a final solution in place has caused confusion and frustration. We sincerely apologize for that inconvenience. However, your safety is, and always has been, our paramount concern. And that is why we decided to issue the voluntary safety recall before we had a guaranteed upgrade solution in place.

Our decision not to wait was based on putting you, our customer, first. Some companies build in several weeks of lead time before announcing their recalls. But, we didn't feel that was the most responsible approach in this case since our priority is your safety.

Please know that we are committed to resolving this matter as quickly as possible and we are committed to ensuring that you will be very pleased with your upgraded 3.3 XD-S™. As a reminder, do not use your 3.3 XD-S™ until the upgrade has been performed.

Funny. Saw one for sale today at Quantico. Seems irresponsible not to send it in.

Sent my 45 in two days after recall, pain in the ass to be without it but went and picked up a new Glock 30S that I love. Will be my new every day carry from now on. Will use the XDS once in a while.

Just got off the phone with Springfield, and it appears that new XD-S's will begin shipping again by the end of October.

I sent mine in at the end of Aug and I received an email with tracking number. It will be back to me tomorrow!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back