Sprees Gold Dot ammo

JohnLM

I just bought and tried some speer gold dot ammo for my Ruger LC9. I thought it shot pretty good. Do anyone have a opinion about this ammo? I had been using Hornaby Critical Defense.

It is the only ammo that both me and my wife carry in our weapons from our Walther Pk-380's to Glock .40 and my S & W .9mm
Bill

Speer is the choice of my local PD. I don't know if it is the off the shelf stuff. I was shooting with a LEO friend of mine and that was his "Dept. Issue" stuff. It was labeled Speer Gold Dot "LE".

I use Speer Gold Dot "short barrel" defensive rounds in my Glock 27 (.40 S&W). Shoots great and never miss fed. They come highly recommended from various organizations. Don't scrimp on defense ammo!

smyrnatek:220534 said:
I use Speer Gold Dot "short barrel" defensive rounds in my Glock 27 (.40 S&W). Shoots great and never miss fed. They come highly recommended from various organizations. Don't scrimp on defense ammo!

Use the same in my G26 with the same results!

My wife carries Speer Gold Dot 124grn loads in her SIG P 250 9mm, they shoot POA/POI in it. But they don't shoot well in my SIG P229. I use 115 grn Fed PDHS.

I carry GD 124 grain non+P 9mm. Works well for everything I've used it for. Coyotes, skunks, groundhogs, coons, deer-they all died quickly. Will shoot through the chest cavity of a deer. Not target grade accuracy but I don't carry a target gun. Mine are from an old run of Blazer aluminum cased ammo no longer available. I also have a supply of 147 GD but find it penetrates too much from my pistols and relegated it to carbine use(really shines as a carbine round).

I like both gold dot and lawman by speer, although i usually buy lawman because it is more reasonably priced, and basically the same ammo.

I carry GD 124 grain non+P 9mm. Works well for everything I've used it for. Coyotes, skunks, groundhogs, coons, deer-they all died quickly. Will shoot through the chest cavity of a deer. Not target grade accuracy but I don't carry a target gun. Mine are from an old run of Blazer aluminum cased ammo no longer available. I also have a supply of 147 GD but find it penetrates too much from my pistols and relegated it to carbine use(really shines as a carbine round).

Be careful in describing your experience in using those loads, Mobuck, or else 'someone' may question your motives for shooting said animals and deem you a 'cold and heartless' person! (as for me, thank you for your post and I appreciate the information you just gave)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back