Spotting a hidden handgun [infographic]

Brunay

spotting a hidden handgun, by a former detective in the NYPD

geXpa.jpg

may indicate carrying without a holster. I'm going to have to pay attention and see if I'm giving anything away with the way I carry.

Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx for posting.. Very nice..

I would add a shirt tug as well.. My shirt sometimes catches the handle of my pistol (which I carry in my right side back).. So I semi frequently tug on my shirt tail on the right side to insure it is draping properly..

Very well put, but isn't that a lot of common sense.always be prepared , when u least expect it , expect it.

Guess I will have to check to see how many ways I may be "tipping my hat". Thanks for posting.

I am sure that I do all of these things (except the mismatched clothing) :to_pick_ones_nose:

Although, most of the time I am not overly concerned with concealing. If it shows, it shows (as long as i remember my wallet with my LTCF in it!)

I do the shirt tug all the time. I also carry in a front pocket and keep adjusting with my hand. Very good post.

Good post....don't go to NYC and if you do DO NOT bring your gun!

A good, sturdy, quality leather gun belt and holster, helps prevent much of this.....along with good sensible clothing to conceal. As long as you are legally able to CCW and you are making an effort to conceal the weapon, without spooking the horses, you should be good to go.

I am sure that I do all of these things (except the mismatched clothing) :to_pick_ones_nose:

Although, most of the time I am not overly concerned with concealing. If it shows, it shows (as long as i remember my wallet with my LTCF in it!)

+1

Other than very deep concealment, it's probably impossible to carry without projecting in some way. I'm not one for deep concealment during everyday carry as I want the quickest access to my weapon that I can get within the bounds of the law (for the most part!). So, I, too, "am not overly concerned with concealing" as long as my permit is in my pocket.

Good instructional graphic, always like to learn what LEO is thinking and maybe how to spot if a perceived BG is carrying.

i carry in front pocket in a holster. it doesnt show and i never have to adjust it. in fact i sometimes forget its there, ive become very comfortable having it there. plus its legal, im sure some of these tells pertain more to illegal guns.

Excellent Post!
Most folks are in a "Condition White Fog" and wouldn't recognize any of those clues for what they are.
Great BG watching info, though. Thanks.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back