Sportsmans Warehouse Policy

tactical85

I was driving through Columbia , SC today and stopped at the Sportsman's Warehouse, while walking in I noticed a sign on the door said something to the effect to empty firearms, open actions and turn into customer service desk while in the store. The sign didn't mention concealed carry, which I was doing at the time but I figure all kinds of carry were included. This seemed pretty contradictory to me since its a store that sells everything for shooting including handguns and ammo. Has anyone ever noticed this sign or had any experiences at SW? I walked through but wasn't about to buy stuff from a store with a sign like that on the door.:wacko:

Talk to corporate headquarters. They will tell you the sign only applies to those firearms that are going to be handled in the store, such as fitting for holsters/accessories/shipping for repair. They did not intend for the sign to apply either to open carry or concealed carry when the gun is not going to be removed from the holster.

I was driving through Columbia , SC today and stopped at the Sportsman's Warehouse, while walking in I noticed a sign on the door said something to the effect to empty firearms, open actions and turn into customer service desk while in the store. The sign didn't mention concealed carry, which I was doing at the time but I figure all kinds of carry were included. This seemed pretty contradictory to me since its a store that sells everything for shooting including handguns and ammo. Has anyone ever noticed this sign or had any experiences at SW? I walked through but wasn't about to buy stuff from a store with a sign like that on the door.:wacko:

I shop at an SW in Rocklin, California. The sign is in the window of their store also. It does however state that if you are a CW holder that you are allowed to carry concealed. If you need to un-holster your weapon they want you to check it in and unload it first at Customer Service. For example, recently I was looking for a new holster for my Sigpro SP2022. I brought my weapon in and went to Customer Service. I unloaded the weapon and cleared it in a bullet trap located next to the register. The sales person then wrote me a receipt and placed a tag on the weapon in order for other personnel in the store to readily identify that the weapon had been checked. SW is very gun friendly even in the Republik of Kalifornia

Bass Pro has the same policy and my local one has a shooting range. I talked to the range master and CCW is all good without check-in. Just come on in he said.

Just got off direct chat with customer service at Bass Pro Shops. I asked them what their stance is regarding conceal carry in the store. Surprising enough I was told there is no problem with CC in the stores. The chap on the other end did suggest that I speak to the manager at the local store to verify but there is no corporate policy against CC.

It was confirmed that any weapon that will be 'serviced' MUST come in unloaded. He actually said they didn't want anyone getting shot by a weapon being handled by their store employees. :pleasantry:

The Gander Mountain store here is the same way. Their sign on the front door says the same thing. Its like a breath of fresh air. Odly enough though, they do not allow their employees, who work the gun area, to carry.

I just had a problem like that at a local gun show. Walked 100 yards across the parking lot and to the back of the building just to be asked if I had a firearm. I asked if cc was ok and was told no. I told my soon to be 3 year old son (in front of the line of people) that we didn't need to go into a place that didn't respect our rights and we left. I later talked to a friend of mine that is a deputy and he said it's not aginst any laws. The next day we went back and I told the lady I didn't have any firearms. A freind of a friend was working at the show and he said that they do that because some jack wagon was handling a customers gun and put a hole in the wall. Who hands a guy a loaded weapon?...Who handles a weapon without checking it? It's people like that that give cc people a bad name.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back