Spike in Armed Robberies?

surfcc

Has anyone else noticed a spike in armed robberies? Here on Cape Cod, the local paper is filled with armed robberies of liquor stores, convenience stores and banks. Since just before Christmas there have been 4 armed robberies of banks and 7 convenience / liquor stores, (5 in last two days) here on the Cape. Up in Boston, a convenience store clerk was gunned down after fully cooperating with the armed thug. I'm hoping that these dirtbags end up getting the proverbial dirtnap!

I agree. But I think it's the economy at work...people are unemployed, and overextended financially, and getting desperate. I believe, if things continue this way, that you're seeing the tip of the iceberg.

Welcome to the Holiday season. Happens every year. Now that you have higher unemployment and a lousy economy, it just multiplies the situation.

The economy is part of the reason. The other thing I would like to know is how many are repeat offenders on early release to make room in over crowded jails? How many were committed by personal legally owned firearms? This information is rarely included in the media report unless it can be twisted to further their anti gun agenda.

Yea--it's gotten bad here too.
A couple weeks ago there were 14 bank robberies in one week.
LE and bank officials had a meeting to try to figure out how to stop this and during the meeting 3 more banks were robbed.
Sign of the times I'm afraid

Yea--it's gotten bad here too.
A couple weeks ago there were 14 bank robberies in one week.
LE and bank officials had a meeting to try to figure out how to stop this and during the meeting 3 more banks were robbed.
Sign of the times I'm afraid
Too right...I agree with you.

Earning an honest living these days means someone else provides it for you. If you can't get everything you want then take it by force if need be. This must be that hope and change we were promised.

Earning an honest living these days means someone else provides it for you. If you can't get everything you want then take it by force if need be. This must be that hope and change we were promised.

True, but scary...

Because the honesty of fine, upstanding, corporate citizens like Enron, WorldCom, WAMU and AIG are what folks should emulate.

Interesting timing for this post. I was driving to an appointment the other day in Northwest Montana and the lead line on the local news broadcast was "Is Missoula becoming a 'stick-up' town?" The reporter then opened with the fact that there has been a spike in convenience store robberies. Of course I'm sure it is a minimal risk compared with large cities and I suspect it is down-right dangerous for potential robbers in Montana. I can't think of anything more embarassing for a thief than receiving incoming fire from half of the shoppers.

I have noticed this as well with convenience stores, and even small town banks.

There's a rapper group in local big city here putting out positive messages in their songs....wanna take a guess?
Stayin in school? Nope
Don't do drugs? Nope

"Grind it out" as in , work for a living you deadbeat homies!!

Interesting timing for this post. I was driving to an appointment the other day in Northwest Montana and the lead line on the local news broadcast was "Is Missoula becoming a 'stick-up' town?" The reporter then opened with the fact that there has been a spike in convenience store robberies. Of course I'm sure it is a minimal risk compared with large cities and I suspect it is down-right dangerous for potential robbers in Montana. I can't think of anything more embarassing for a thief than receiving incoming fire from half of the shoppers.

Yeah, My Sister lives in Missoula. I guess there are quite a few guns on hips and concealed on the citizenry there. I think if I was a career robber, I would move to safer turf, like Berkley or San Fransisco or something. :laugh:

Yeah, My Sister lives in Missoula. I guess there are quite a few guns on hips and concealed on the citizenry there. I think if I was a career robber, I would move to safer turf, like Berkley or San Fransisco or something. :laugh:

Chicago or D.C. would be safe for bg's. Honest citizens? No.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back