Speaker paul ryan is the holdup on hr 38

SR9

Paul Ryan needs to get his hat and proceed directly out the front door of the US House and don't look back. He is holding up all Trump legislation and pro-gun bills in the house, including HR 38. He just wants to flex his muscles and show that he can run the country. Forget that we had an election. Ryan needs to step down or be put out. He has one of the lowest ratings in Congress.

And you know this how exactly? You do understand that Congress has a bigger problem to deal with this week than your beloved gun control bill, right? Oh, right, you don't understand.

HR 38 is not pro-gun legislation. It is pro-Federal government regulation legislation. It does not support the Constitution. It supports further abuse of the Commerce Clause used as an excuse to grant the Federal government power to regulate something that they should not have the authority to regulate. Any Congressman who wants to uphold their oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States should vote no on it. I swear, SR9 is as obsessed with giving the Federal government the authority to regulate concealed carry based upon abusing the Commerce Clause as opsspec1991 is with Hilary Clinton.

As the saying goes, even a broken clock is right twice a day. IF SR9 is right about what Ryan is doing (which is highly doubtful in my estimation), then Ryan just spent one of his right positions for every day he continues to hold up the NRA-GOA-SAF-backed boneheaded legislation. La Pierre, Cox, the Pratts, Gottlieb et al should be banned by their respective members from ever engaging in lobbying again. Their members pay for the privilege of having so-called "friends" steal their rights from them, which wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that they steal the rights from those of us who are aware enough to recognize true enemies when they work tirelessly in the background towards destroying our rights at the same time.

Finally, some encouraging news from Ryan, again, IF SR9 is right about what he's doing.

Probably just another useless, baseless post by SR9 though.

Blues

The comment section/forum of this website is for opinions and comments on differing subjects. There are no right or wrong opinions. There are about 6 of you trolls on here that believe you are the ultimate word when it comes to 2nd Amendment Rights. Time has proven you wrong in the past. It will prove you wrong again. I don't care where you are from, if these National Concealed Carry reciprocity Acts get passed, you will be using it to carry nationwide as the law prescribes. You can't tell me you will refuse to leave you own state or pay for out of state permits (which will be done away with) just so you can say you don't want to carry under the new reciprocity law. If you do, you are a bigger bunch of morons that even I thought. Everyone else will be carrying nationwide with their home state permit, and you , if you can even qualify for a concealed carry permit in you state will risk prison just to prove your point. You, as Dr.Phil says, are a "Right Fighter". Maybe you will be on his TV show someday.

The comment section/forum of this website is for opinions and comments on differing subjects. There are no right or wrong opinions. There are about 6 of you trolls on here that believe you are the ultimate word when it comes to 2nd Amendment Rights. Time has proven you wrong in the past. It will prove you wrong again. I don't care where you are from, if these National Concealed Carry reciprocity Acts get passed, you will be using it to carry nationwide as the law prescribes. You can't tell me you will refuse to leave you own state or pay for out of state permits (which will be done away with) just so you can say you don't want to carry under the new reciprocity law. If you do, you are a bigger bunch of morons that even I thought. Everyone else will be carrying nationwide with their home state permit, and you , if you can even qualify for a concealed carry permit in you state will risk prison just to prove your point. You, as Dr.Phil says, are a "Right Fighter". Maybe you will be on his TV show someday.

You are certainly free to believe whatever you want, to post whatever you want, and to make a fool out of yourself whenever you want.

There are certainly factually right and wrong posts. As for your OP, it is not backed up by facts. There is no fact that proves it right or wrong. Feel free to show your ignorance and believe what you posted. As I said, Congress has a bigger fish to fry this week than your beloved gun control bill. Preventing a government shutdown would be of a higher priority, don't you think? Oh, right, you don't think.

You also clearly have no idea how our legislature works. Feel free to educate me on how Paul Ryan is holding up HR 38, a bill that is still in the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations and has 188 cosponsors out of the 435 Members of the House. That's 43%!

As Blues said, it would have been interesting to see actual evidence of Paul Ryan holding up HR 38, such as by preventing it to come up for a vote. However, since HR 38 isn't out of the subcommittee yet, there is nothing to vote on. Even if they would vote on it today, there would likely be not a majority voting for it. As you can see, this bill is thankfully a long way from being passed in the House. Also, the Senate thankfully wouldn't pass this particular bill in its current form anyway.

What is likely going to happen is that this bill goes nowhere or the House and Senate agree on a compromise. It will be interesting to see if the "gun rights" organization will continue to back such compromise.

Lastly, you speak of 2nd Amendment rights. This bill has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment, other than to continue to infringe upon it.

I agree that HR 38 is not a pro 2nd Amendment bill. It IS a massive federal gun registration program. A better outcome would be had if all 50 Attorney Generals signed reciprocity agreements with each other, leaving the federal government out of it. HR 38 would have no impact on me anyway as I live in NJ. And no, in its present form, HR 38 will not legally allow me to use a Non-Resident permit in NJ. NJ legislators has already indicated that, if it passes, they will pile on the "restrictions" i.e. qualification semi-annually (at a high cost), increased CC permit fees, and places you won't be able to carry.

And you know this how exactly? You do understand that Congress has a bigger problem to deal with this week than your beloved gun control bill, right? Oh, right, you don't understand.

#1 on SR9's list is to allow the federal government to dictate where and when we can and cannot carry our guns. Nothing else matters except his fantasy of being able to carry out of his tiny state, but it just so happens that ALL states the border DE do NOT honor a DE carry permit. Does he really think he will be allowed to carry across his state line into MD or NJ, which do not honor any other states carry permits.

He's trapped in his 'may issue' state and wants out at any cost, especially rights of the rest of us.

I agree that HR 38 is not a pro 2nd Amendment bill. It IS a massive federal gun registration program. A better outcome would be had if all 50 Attorney Generals signed reciprocity agreements with each other, leaving the federal government out of it. HR 38 would have no impact on me anyway as I live in NJ. And no, in its present form, HR 38 will not legally allow me to use a Non-Resident permit in NJ. NJ legislators has already indicated that, if it passes, they will pile on the "restrictions" i.e. qualification semi-annually (at a high cost), increased CC permit fees, and places you won't be able to carry.

Boy are you reading a lot into this that isn't really there.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back