Source for kydex?

kerb

pinche gringo
I like my Whitehat iwb holster, but I want to try making a holster in the same general style but with the leather and kydex just a little bit different.

On my whitehat, I have found that the balance between the best accessibility, the most comfortable carry position and most concealment is at around 3:30 with the belt clips two up from the bottom. With the belt clips here, the kydex rides below the waistband of my pants, making it hard to re-holster. So I want to try a kydex that goes up about an inch higher.

Also, my carry gun has checkered grips. Those will start to rub my spare tire. So I'm gonna try different leather that will stay between my spare tire and the grip.

My question is, do any of you guys have a good/recommended source of kydex that won't break the bank?

Try knife kits dot com. Shipping is a little high but a bunch of colors and thicknesses available and you can order as little as 12"x12" sheets if you don't want 2'x4' sheets like interstate has. Both good places though.

I made my own leather and kydex holster using supplies from Knifekits.com.

The holster is similar to a Crossbreed Supertuck but not as high quality.

Link Removed

Man other than the lack of a logo I don't see a bit of difference in quality between that and a Crossbreed or a Whitehat.
I'm picking up a bunch of stuff today in preparation. Oven, non-contact thermometer, and some stuff to make myself a press for forming the kydex. I'm just gonna use my dremel for finishing for now.

I didn't realize the knife supply place has the clips.. I guess I need to dig through their site more.
'preciate the advice and the pic, I'm even more determined to do this now.

To form the Kydex I used on of those space saver bags, you know the ones that you use a vacuum to take the air out.
I placed a piece of tile inside the bag, then placed my pistol on top of the tile, and when the Kydex was hot enough to mold I laid it on top of the pistol.
I then sealed the bag and sucked out all the air while I used my hands to make sure it molded tightly. OH make sure you have oven mitts or something so it doesn't burn your hands.
If the Kydex gets to hot it will melt the bag. If it's to tight after you finished molding it you can use a lighter to SLOWLY reheat the Kydex in the areas you want it a little looser.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back