Sound Off!!!

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
All right vets,
Let's show our colors.
I'm Festus (USAF 20+ years medically retired) and I'm a gunoholic.

Hooah!!

TEXAS STATE GUARD-52 BRAVO-MP
TARRANT COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE-JAILER-
PRIVATE/CORPORATE SECURITY- HIGH SPEED-LOW DRAG. - OFFICE BULIDINGS, WAREHOUSE, MAJOR ELECTRONICS COMPANY, SECURITY WORK ON THE EAST SIDE OF FORT WORTH, COMPARABLE TO CHICAGO'S EAST SIDE. WHY IS EVERY EAST SIDE IN AMERICAN CITIES BAAAD?
GO AMERICA!!:cool:

US Army Security Agency, Berlin, Germany (Active)
113th Inf (Mech) - Squad Leader (NJARNG)
104th Combat Eng. - Plt. Sgt. (NJARNG)
78th Div (Tng) - Senior Drill Instr. (USAR)

Us Air Force Retired. 1971-1993 22years 22days.
Combat Arms Training and Maintenance "CATM"
and I'm definitely a gunoholic!

Semper Fidelis....

...and 'hoorah'
USMC Sgt (hence echo_5) tank crewman

US Coast Guard, QM2 - sea duty, Korean War period/US waters. Expert Rifle, Expert Pistol. Semper Paratus.
sailor

Vietnam Vet central highlands area, artillery 1970-1971. Hello my name is Bubba, and I'am a gunoholic. I refuse to take part in a 12 step program, for that addiction.

USMC GySgt, AKA Gunny

21 plus years been to all the big shows over that period Desert Sheild, Desert Storm, missed Somalia, never made it to Afghanistan either, Operation Iraqi Freedom 1 and now am over here again, never say never you will regret it.

Really Looking forward to getting home and retiring, geting to old for this sh*t.

SALUUUUTE!!!!!

My hat's off to all of you. Personally, All I've done is support you guys. I was too young for Vietnam, and too old for Desert Storm or anything there after.
I have one medal that I post proudly, an American flag with a bronze medallion that delcares me "Proud to be an American Citizen". I was given it when I bought a box of cigars to send to the troops in Iraq about a year ago.

Keep up the good work and remember there are some of us out here who really do appreciate what you do.

Hoo Rah!

I am not a vet but I have great respect for all that have served our country. I am posting this story about the retired general that has had his flag stolen 9 times. This is a shame but I am glad others stepped up to help The thugs that have been stealing his flags need to have their butss kicked.

Texas veteran may have found a sure-fire way to keep his American flag flying after it was stolen from his porch nine times.

On Saturday, the retired brigadier general got a 25-foot lighted flagpole to fly his flag on.

Saturday morning, the Patriot Guard Riders, the mayor of Trophy Club and the mayor of Bedford came to Archie Mays' house bearing American flags. By the afternoon, his front lawn was filled with them.

"General, this flag being presented to you today was flown on a Patriot Guard mission in your honor, and we would be very proud if you would accept it on the behalf of the Patriot Guard Riders," a Patriot Guard rider told Mays.

Mays said he hopes the new flagpole will be the answer to keeping his flag where it belongs.

"I hope it does some good," he said. "I hope those idiots get the idea that a lot of people don't like this."

Mays caught the thieves on tape one of the last times his flag was stolen off his porch.

He said he has flown the American flag for 34 years. And now with the new flagpole, he said he's hoping for at least 34 more years.

A few words of my own

I,too,would like to extend my thanks to all of you here,and everywhere who have served,and are still serving our country.Forget the media and the politicians,you really are appreciated.You all have my undying thanks and respect.

I have stated this many times on this board, but for the new people, I can never truly express my gratitude for what the US soldiers have done for us. Without you none of us would be able to sit here and type on a gun forum. None of us could go out and shoot a few rounds of ammo. None of us could come home to our nice house and pretty wives and enjoy an evening together. Most importantly, none of us could go to church and worship God every Sunday. I know I would not be blessed like I am without him. I don't even know where I would be without him. THANK YOU!

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back