Something to consider before you burn it all up-

lsmurphy

Banned
Got ammo? Full production ahead

ATK/Federal and Hornady.
They are running three 8 hour shifts, 7 days a week, so the machines continue to run 24/7. However, even at full capacity ATK/Federal's current production schedule is already booked into 2015 !! They said current back orders exceed $2 billion (not million) dollars and they received in excess of $500 million in new orders in December...and are on schedule to exceed that in January.

;
;
Got ammo? Full production ahead

It's a great message to send out: we hear what you are saying, and we defy you. We will fix the economy with moving money on the things that are truly important. You have proven that you can't do it, so we have chosen to do the work ourselves. We don't expect any accolades or rewards for it; we just want to live in a society that doesn't discriminate againts freedom. And for that, you're welcome.

It's a great message to send out: we hear what you are saying, and we defy you. We will fix the economy with moving money on the things that are truly important. You have proven that you can't do it, so we have chosen to do the work ourselves. We don't expect any accolades or rewards for it; we just want to live in a society that doesn't discriminate againts freedom. And for that, you're welcome.

Oh boy........
You don't get it.
There may not be any commercial ammo available to 2 years.

The makers are churning it out as fast as they can. We will buy it as fast as we can. I get it. My point is the same: that people will spend on things that are truly important vs things that are incedental. I hope it will help the economy in the long run. I might be way off, but money always talks the loudest.

The makers are churning it out as fast as they can. We will buy it as fast as we can. I get it. My point is the same: that people will spend on things that are truly important vs things that are incedental. I hope it will help the economy in the long run. I might be way off, but money always talks the loudest.

It's possible the gov is buying so you cannot.
What will you do when you have NONE and there is NONE to buy?

And further-
I know what's coming........I have seen it for years now.......
Soon your money won't mean ****........no one will have any money nor will they have anything to buy with it if they had any.

Ammo Shortage, Wink, Wink.

What ismurphy is trying to say is be cautious with what ammo you own as there may be a shortage of available retail sale ammo for quite a while. :lazy2: I for one saw the hand writting on the wall some time ago and chose to stock up for a rainy day. OOPS I must be one of those hoarders you all have been griping about.
If and When it is necessary I will share with my neighbors with whom I have a relationship, wink, wink. :dance3:

What ismurphy is trying to say is be cautious with what ammo you own as there may be a shortage of available retail sale ammo for quite a while. :lazy2: I for one saw the hand writting on the wall some time ago and chose to stock up for a rainy day. OOPS I must be one of those hoarders you all have been griping about.
If and When it is necessary I will share with my neighbors with whom I have a relationship, wink, wink. :dance3:

Yeah, and a food shortage in the horizon too.

Oh boy........
You don't get it.
There may not be any commercial ammo available to 2 years.

You may be right but I watched a similar shortage in the commercial diving industry a couple of years back. There was a period where deep sea diving helmets were back-ordered several years ahead. After about a year, this went a way, and things reverted back to normal. Unless the government does something artificial, it seems that in all likelihood things will return to normal in 6-12 months.

You may be right but I watched a similar shortage in the commercial diving industry a couple of years back. There was a period where deep sea diving helmets were back-ordered several years ahead. After about a year, this went a way, and things reverted back to normal. Unless the government does something artificial, it seems that in all likelihood things will return to normal in 6-12 months.

There are also unintended consequences such as most the gun shops going out of business.
Yes they made a buttload of money in the last couple of months but I don't think they can hold out another year with no sales.
No ammo..........no gun sales.
Yes, I do believe the gov is effecting ammo production.....artificially.

We've always stockpiled ammo, but in 2011 we began the difficult process of divesting out of the markets and turning our assets into tangibles. We have always viewed ammo as one of those tangibles, it's just that now, we don't deal in FRNs any more than absolutely necessary to pay bills etc., and tangibles is our only "savings." I would never sell any of my ammo, but there may come a time when bartering with parts of it becomes necessary because no one wants or needs the worthless FRNs anymore. Of course, just like when we were in the markets, diversifying is the key to being prepared for what I think is an inevitable economic collapse. I don't give away all my plans, but ammo is obviously not the only barter item of value that we keep on hand. It might not be all that long before a 5.56 round of ammo is the new dollar bill though. Or maybe the new five dollar bill. Only time will tell, but the day is not far when dollars won't be worth as much as the wheelbarrow you use to cart enough of them to the store to buy a couple loaves of bread and a gallon of milk, if those things are still available at all, that is.

Blues

Ismurphy
You seem quite sure your world is going to collapse in the coming days/weeks. I assume you we're smart enough to stock pile enough ammo for you weapons and food for the upcoming collapse of society. When's the last time you went outside and enjoyed a nice walk?

Yeah, and a food shortage in the horizon too.

You haven't already started stockpiling food? Started a year ago and have been purchasing food with 7-10 year shelf life along with food from local grocery. More important that food is water. You can go days without food but not water. There are a lot of storage possiblities for water and you won't have to change it frequently if you treat it properly. I use 5 gallon water boxes that I can transport easily if needed.

Ismurphy
You seem quite sure your world is going to collapse in the coming days/weeks. I assume you we're smart enough to stock pile enough ammo for you weapons and food for the upcoming collapse of society. When's the last time you went outside and enjoyed a nice walk?

I saw this more than 13 years ago, actually before that, I've been aware of societal trends since I was about 8 years old and I'm 47 now.
So much so that I moved from Tampa/Clearwater 5 years ago to the mountains of E TN.
We grow our own food, have our own sources of water, plenty of ammo.
Yes, I'm sure of it.
Those of you in the cities will die. I don't expect to live either but at least I have a fighting chance.
War is in our future.

You haven't already started stockpiling food? Started a year ago and have been purchasing food with 7-10 year shelf life along with food from local grocery. More important that food is water. You can go days without food but not water. There are a lot of storage possiblities for water and you won't have to change it frequently if you treat it properly. I use 5 gallon water boxes that I can transport easily if needed.

If you have anything of value.........you will be killed for it. Be mobile, pack light, fight.

BTW......
All of you can roll your eyes at me......
I am not a 'prepper'......nor am I a nut.
Some of us are seers, few of us..........the 1%ers.
All we can do is point to it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back