Someone who'll tell it like it is, and how it has to be.

BeauRyker

Sarah Palin gave a speech today that was remarkable. If she runs, she could get my vote. There is really only one currently running that I could vote for with out having to hold my nose. She would make two. Just a feeling I have deep down in my gut.

Link Removed

Grognard Gunny

Say what you like, she "bagged" her Governorship to enhance her "image" as a National Level Contender. (Earning her big bucks in so doing.... she DOES earn "appearance money" you know.)

Thus she ran and won the responsibility of being the Governor, using the trust and confidence of the voters in so doing and violated that trust by "quitting" to further her career (and fortune).

Willing to place further "trust" in someone like that? I am NOT, for one. (Old Marine saying: If I can't trust you..... Fork You!)

If, however, she should run and actually win the nomination..... I would have to hold my nose (again) and vote for her vis-a-vis Obama. (ANYONE but Obama. He's done enough damage already.)

Bottom line..... she "talks the talk", but seems more surface "fluff" rather than "stuff".

My two cents worth.

GG

Tucker's Mom

No woman at this time will be capable of being POTUS. I don't dislike her. In fact I sided with her and vote for their ticket last time around. Then after the election she spent most of her appearances saying the same thing over and over again, trying to defend herself from the media and everyone who says something about her. Sorry but that is not what a 'real' POTUS should be. Rick Perry so far for me and Rubio for VP. I am sincerely wishing he would be able to put himself across during the debate this coming Wednesday so we can all see how tough he really is, even if the debate is only part of the measure of being a good potential POTUS. Just my thoughts...for now.

BeauRyker

Well, there's a long way to go. And as Gunny said, whomever wins the Rep. primary gets my vote. Whoever it is, they have to be elected. I'm no Palin clan member, Perry clan member, etc., but I do get a little excited when I hear a candidate share my feelings and seems to really get it.
I do know there was a good reason Palin gave up her governorship, but I'll leave it to you guys to investigate that as you feel the need. Palin or Perry, my feelings about them are pretty much the same.
In the end, the only person I will not vote for, will have a D before their name.:biggrin:

Black Dragon

It's to soon for me to get on any of the Reps band wagon. I'm waiting for more info and more skeletons before I make my decision.
I don't agree with Rubio as VP, he'll do a lot more good in the Senate then he would as VP. Once he spends a little time in the Senate, and doesn't dirty himself to much, he'll make a great President.

I'm all for any one except Obama or Romney. He's as bad as Obama.

Grognard Gunny

"RINO" Romney? He's worse than Obama. For anyone that was paying attention to what Obama was saying in the campaign, coupled with his somewhat checkered background... Obama has attempted to do exactly what he promised. (Not that it worked out so well for him in practice. Even Biden, never a font of cerebrial excellence, said that the job of POTUS does not lend itself well to on the job training.)

Romney, two faced at best and a left leaning Rep at worst. A "left leaning" Republican/Conservative is a dichotomy of terms to begin with. Witness how the Lib stronghold of Mass elected him Gov.!!!!! How does that happen? Compromise and acquiessence with a Dem/Lib State Legislature, that's how.

No principles! NEVER trust a rich man on the "make". Particularly when he has "married into" most of his riches to begin with. Talk about "on the MAKE"! LOL!

GG

maybejim

Maybejim
Earning her big bucks in so doing.... she DOES earn "appearance money" you know.)

For expressing her point of view so I guess the key part of your statement is "she DOES earn".

using the trust and confidence of the voters in so doing and violated that trust by "quitting" to further her career (and fortune).

To my mind that is the misrepresentation the left likes to put out. The left/Dem's filed dishonest lawsuit after dishonest lawsuit against her making it timewise and personally financially imposible for her to continue to try to serve the people.

Willing to place further "trust" in someone like that?

Which is why I can never trust anything that comes from the left or a Dem.

If, however, she should run and actually win the nomination..... I would have to hold my nose (again) and vote for her vis-a-vis Obama.

Which says that you do have good sense. BO policies are geared to destroy America as we once knew it.

BC1

Say what you like, she "bagged" her Governorship to enhance her "image" as a National Level Contender. (Earning her big bucks in so doing.... she DOES earn "appearance money" you know.)

Thus she ran and won the responsibility of being the Governor, using the trust and confidence of the voters in so doing and violated that trust by "quitting" to further her career (and fortune).

Willing to place further "trust" in someone like that? I am NOT, for one. (Old Marine saying: If I can't trust you..... Fork You!)

If, however, she should run and actually win the nomination..... I would have to hold my nose (again) and vote for her vis-a-vis Obama. (ANYONE but Obama. He's done enough damage already.)

Bottom line..... she "talks the talk", but seems more surface "fluff" rather than "stuff".

My two cents worth.

GG
As a tea party supporter I wish she would just go away. She will only bring more splintering and weaken any effort to vote-out Obama.

Dennis1209

I'm going to step out my back door and look at Russia for a moment. You guys help yourself to some popcorn while I'm away!

Link Removed

Tucker's Mom

It's to soon for me to get on any of the Reps band wagon. I'm waiting for more info and more skeletons before I make my decision.
I don't agree with Rubio as VP, he'll do a lot more good in the Senate then he would as VP. Once he spends a little time in the Senate, and doesn't dirty himself to much, he'll make a great President.

I'm all for any one except Obama or Romney. He's as bad as Obama.
Rubio speaks from the heart, Obama speaks from the teleprompter.

Grognard Gunny

..... and so the character assasination techniques of the Dem/Prog/Left got her to quit?

There IS an old saying in politics.... if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. She chose to get out of the kitchen, apparently. THEY WIN!

You CAN'T blink in a staring contest!

Just sayin'.

GG

P.S. STILL don't want a "quitter" sitting in the Oval Office. Particularly considering what is going to HAVE to be done to put this Nation back on a sound financial basis. (Guaranteed to win no friends amongst the general public, forced to bite the bullet in the matter.)

BeauRyker

She "quit" to save Alaska from non-stop litigation initiated by the left due to her presence, which Alaska and she could not afford. A necessity, and hardly a dishonorable sacrifice.

TooCalm

Both parties are equally responsible for this 2nd Great Depression. The debt ceiling has been a joke! Democrats and Republicans have both raised it time and time again. Thanks to NAFTA and the other free trade agreements our politicians negotiated for us most of our manufacturing jobs have gone overseas.

I am not going to reward a Democrat or Republican with my vote for the work they have done in destroying the American Dream for the tens of millions of Americas working class. It dumbfounds me as to why so many American voters blindly give their loyalty to a political party that has done such a poor job of representing them.

My vote is going to anyone who is Not a Republican or Democrat!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darajewett730