Some times I worry about my felllow gun owners

get an LEO to talk to them and explain how much of the law they are breaking.
Who's going to explain to the LEO how much of the law, if any, anyone is breaking? Keeping up on daily current events, it's more than obvious that the majority of LEO's don't have a clue.

Treo, there are always going to be those that get their firearms information from movies and hearsay from their friends. They have exactly zero in the way of facts and if they won't listen to you, te best thing you can do is distance yourself as far as possible before it all hits the fan - you definitely don't want to be associated with someone that doesn't listen.

Awe... You've been in my office talking the recent "college grads" again. Cut it out, they know everything! Most of them can't button a collar or tie a tie, let alone think with out a computer or calculator. (Occasionally you will find a gem in the bunch. Those will go far!)

YMMV.

As a constant reminder to me I posted the following sing in my office "I try to never interfere with those who think they know what they are doing". To convince a bunch like the ones in the OP or even some on this forum that they are wrong is impossible and does nothing but get you and everyone else upset and cause hard feelings. Just sit back and listen. You may get a chance to interject some wisdom in but usually it will just be ignored and make things worse.

Musch like responding to trolls on the Internet. If you respond then the troll has won. DNFTT = Do Not Feed The Troll

Just consider the source and keep a wary eye on them.

Self protection from stupids is just as important to your survival as self protection from genuine BGs.

Unfortunately one is not allowed to shoot "stupids" to keep them from replicating! LOL! (Sarcasm intended!)

GG

Just consider the source and keep a wary eye on them.

Self protection from stupids is just as important to your survival as self protection from genuine BGs.

Unfortunately one is not allowed to shoot "stupids" to keep them from replicating! LOL! (Sarcasm intended!)

GG

Just like in many cases, "He needed killin'" should be a legitimate defense but is normally frowned upon by most defense attorneys as not PC enough.

They are talking about breaking the law with a straw purchase, thus thinking about it and trying to get around the law. That would be something a half decent LEO would be able to discuss and I would love to see them tell him "oh you don't know?"

First one of the "guys" is a girl. Second, one is still USAR one is out he's the one that needs someone to buy for him (but only on Ft. Carson)

Sorry, Treo. In my neck of the woods, "guy" is a genderless, generic term. "Those guys stole my bike!" could mean a group of males, females, or mixed gender group.

It was my understanding that anyone with a military ID (active, reserve, or discharged) was entitled to make purchases at any PX. I know that the PX at the local Coastie base sees all kinds! Somebody edumacate me!

No matter how you look at it, there is a straw purchase involved. If they have military ID cards and have it purchased for them. They are breaking the law. If no ID, then the purchaser is also breaking the straw purchase rules on use of the PX/BX. Coastie base exchanges have different rules on some things as the USCG is not the military. They are part of the DHS except when at war.

You guys clearly don't know what a straw sale is.. A straw sale is when you purchase a firearm for someone who cannot legally purchase a firearm themselves (someone with a history of mental illness for example).

If military personnel, or LEO gets a discount at a gun shop and decides to re-sell it to a buddy for the same price or give it as a gift, all you need is a bill of sale in The Sunshine State where I'm from.

Treo,

You're right.. Maybe you're just an old fart that needs to get off his high horse and be glad that those twenty-somethings are exercising their second ammendment rights.

If you were so displeased with the way they were carrying on in conversation you should of shared some tid-bits of your knowledge oh mighty one.

I have to agree with Che on the straw purchase bit. As long as you know the person is not prohibited from buying a firearm then you can purchase one for them. Not being allowed in a specific store has nothing to do with it.

As for why a vet can't go to the PX/BX, only those who retire from the service get an ID. If you get out after one or two tours you don't retain any of those privileges.

A straw purchase is any purchase wherein the purchaser knowingly acquires an item or service for someone who is, for whatever reason, unable to purchase the item or service himself. This term can be applied to any such purchase, but it is most widely used in relation to the sale of firearms, especially in United States federal.

Straw purchase - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Draw your own conclusions.

Don't Lie For the Other Guy: A national campaign to prevent the illegal purchase of firearms

What is a straw purchase?

A straw purchase is an illegal firearm purchase where the actual buyer of the gun, being unable to pass the required federal background check or desiring to not have his or her name associated with the transaction, uses a proxy buyer who can pass the required background check to purchase the firearm for him/her. It is highly illegal and punishable by a $250,000 fine and 10 years in prison.

Straw purchase - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the context of United States federal gun laws, a straw purchase is defined as any purchase from a dealer holding a Federal Firearms License where the buyer conducting the transaction is acting as a proxy for another person. The law does not distinguish between someone who is purchasing on behalf of a person who legally cannot purchase or possess a firearm, and one who is not

FN1910: Thank you for the clarification. (See post #35, this thread.) (Saved me the trouble of posting it myself..... which I would have been ever so much more "Wordy" at doing. LOL!)

GG

Yikes, and they also can vote!

The overall objective is to insure that every "end recipient/owner" of the gun goes through the background check. Which, incidently, is ONE (and the only one, that I can think of) form of gun control I completely agree with.

GG

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back