Some modifications to my LCP Custom

Pandaz3

I can't leave well enough alone I guess. My stock LCP Custom was reliable and accurate. I like the red trigger because it was wide and smooth, it also had a Stainless steel guide rod (For enhanced reliability is my guess), but my favorite feature was the sights, though tall enough to catch on some nylon holsters, they were or are the cat's meow to use on a small pistol. I like them.

I shot the little gun pretty well, but not as well as my newer LCP II. It was relegated secondary duties, but as I can not seem to part with any gun that doesn't need to be scrapped. (My Phoenix needed scrapped and that's what essentially happened) Anyway I saw a kit for the trigger of a Gen 2 LCP from Link Removed(the LCP Custom is a Gen 2 version) that promised to lower the pull weight from +- 7.5 to +- 5.5 pounds. I did not want to go lower than 5 pounds, really I was not unhappy with 7.5, but I just wanted to see if I could get the trigger closer to my LCP II.

I already had installed Talon grip tape (Rubberized) several months back, but I also ordered a Link Removed Grip for it. The Trigger kit arrived and I read the PDF instructions and basically went ahead and did it. It was a smidge intimidating and I was able to find a cuss word or three, but I learned a little too. When done the gun Functioned beautifully. I did do a series of pull tests with both digital and 'Fish Scale" tester and I will call it 7.7 pounds before and 5.4 pounds after.. The next day the grip sleeve appeared.

You have to remove the longer pin from the sleeve, remove the corresponding shorter pin from the tail of the gun and little plastic "Hammer spring retaining block" from the bottom rear of the grip. Then you put the sleeve on (Which contains it's own Hammer pin retaining block, (That's the 'hybrid' of it) and replace that longer pin and you are done. I put mine right over the grip tape. Now I have a more pronounced grip swell, so it feels better in my hand and I expect it will tame some recoil. I don't really know are the weather is poor right now and it might be weeks till I shoot it. It does function check okay... Pretty happy with the results.

I've also done some upgrades to my LCP. About a year ago I had Innovative Arms do their Sight Upgrade as well as barrel and feed ramp polishing and parkerize refinishing of the slide. I also installed the Handall Hybrid Ruger LCP Crimson Trace Button Grip Sleeve which made it a bit more comfortable to shoot in my opinion.

It has been sitting in my safe since then. I took it to the range last week and was having issues with FTFs. I'm not sure if it was the ammo I was using or what. So I took it home and gave it a good cleaning. I also ordered a 13 lb Wolff Recoil Spring set which comes in tomorrow along with new magazine and some different ammo. If I can get the FTF issue solved I may look at doing a trigger job on it. Right now it is one of my little pet projects.

Paragraphs......... please
Are you saying that my writing is poor? I took High School Freshman English four years in a row, only need one more semester to pass, so I never graduated. I'll go back and give it an old High School Try!

Edit: Better now?

My LCP II is now my most carried gun. So easy to conceal and yet great handling for a "pocket" gun.

It eats what I shoot like candy. I predict they will sell very well.

Are you saying that my writing is poor? I took High School Freshman English four years in a row, only need one more semester to pass, so I never graduated. I'll go back and give it an old High School Try!

Yes, it is better now. I had an earlier reply to your OP that got deleted by Luke. You basically posted a wall of text. I generally refuse to read such posts. You post is still quite wordy though.

Yes, like bofh, I simply refuse to read walls of text.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back