Sold!!

B2Tall

Stirrer of the Pot
It wasn't easy but over the last few days I've parted with 4 of my firearms <quivering lower lip>. They had become safe-queens and were collecting dust. I know some people that'll put them to better use than I would. Here's what I sold:

- My Springfield M1A. This rifle deserved a better fate than that of a plinker, which is what I was using it for. A close friend of mine has gotten into hunting (especially wild pigs) and had wanted to buy this gun from me for a while now. It will now prowl the wilds of Florida and Texas in search of 4-legged targets.

- My Ruger Security Six .357. I bought this gun used a while back and it had become redundant. Fun to shoot but my friend's wife (the guy who bought my M1A) likes revolvers and enjoyed shooting this particular one. It'll now be the gun she keeps within easy reach at their house.

- My H&K P2000SK. 95% of the time I pocket-carry, meaning that 95% of the time this fine pistol sits at home. Another friend of mine will us this as his EDC.

- My Draco "C". This was second Draco I bought and I knew I'd eventually sell it . I think I made a $20 profit on it (cha-CHING!). A friend of a friend was recently bitten by the AK bug and came down with a nasty case of Kalashnikov-itis. I saw him suffering from this terrible malady and had to give him the cure.

I'll be adding a few more firearms to my collection in 2012. I'd like to get a 1911 (a real American .45 1911. I already have an excellent 9mm Spanish copy from 1953), a classic bolt-action military rifle....either a Lee-Enfield or a Springfield 1903, and possibly a single-action cowboy pistol. No hurry, I'll wait 'til I find the right gun at a deal I can't refuse.

I did the same thing last year. Got rid of a few rifles and handguns. Kept most of the .22 plinkers for the kids as they get older. Going to stay with the Glock platform for handguns. Just picked up a new G30 with the revenue generated from the sales of my safe queens. Waiting for another sale to pick up a Crimson Trace for the G30 before it becomes my #1 carry.

Looking for a Springfield M1A or a Garand. Not in a rush to buy but keeping my eyes/ears open. Lexington NC will be having a Gun show on the 21st. Will be there for the walk through.

Looking for a Springfield M1A or a Garand. Not in a rush to buy but keeping my eyes/ears open. Lexington NC will be having a Gun show on the 21st. Will be there for the walk through.

My M1A was the hardest to part with. I had the standard with the black ploymer stock. Great rifle but I just couldn't justify having it sitting in my safe any more. I'll definitely be wandering the gun show circuit down here, especially when it comes to the classic rifle I'd like to get.

I did the same thing last year. Got rid of a few rifles and handguns. Kept most of the .22 plinkers for the kids as they get older. Going to stay with the Glock platform for handguns. Just picked up a new G30 with the revenue generated from the sales of my safe queens. Waiting for another sale to pick up a Crimson Trace for the G30 before it becomes my #1 carry.

Had a G36 that I sold a while back only because it had become a bit redundant with what I had at the time. Sold it to a co-worker who carries it quite frequently. Every time I'd see a gun I wanted I'd think "You don't need another gun" and then sanity would return and I'd think "I could sell a few and pay nothing out of pocket....." :biggrin:

The G36 has a nice slim look and feel, but I wanted the double stack so I could use the mags off my G21.

I'll be adding a few more firearms to my collection in 2012. I'd like to get a 1911 (a real American .45 1911. I already have an excellent 9mm Spanish copy from 1953), a classic bolt-action military rifle....either a Lee-Enfield or a Springfield 1903, and possibly a single-action cowboy pistol. No hurry, I'll wait 'til I find the right gun at a deal I can't refuse.
:eek::eek:Go for a boating trip, quick!!! The authorities must not know how much guns you have!!!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back