so what changes to NC gun laws do we need next in your opinion?

jg1967

so what changes to NC gun laws do we need next in your opinion?

That's an easy one, restaurant and car carry on educational property. IOW, anywhere except court houses and legislative assemblies, unless you're a public official in the course of your duties. Don't want armed citizens dispensing their own justice.

Good question, anxious to see other replies.

Oh, and rifle and shotgun hunting on Sundays, but that's a game law, not firearms.

TO carry all places, just think about it you have a CCW you are vetted to carry so why should there be limits to wear you can carry? In my opinion there should not be. A BG will not care if he or she is not alowed to carry some place. I do beleave if you are going to drink you should not be carrying but that's it.

TO carry all places, just think about it you have a CCW you are vetted to carry so why should there be limits to wear you can carry? In my opinion there should not be. A BG will not care if he or she is not alowed to carry some place. I do beleave if you are going to drink you should not be carrying but that's it.

But to prohibit carry in a restaurant just because they also serve alcohol is a bit extreme don't you thing? Even I, who has never had a drink in my life, Can't take the family to Olive Garden, TGIFriday, Red Robin, etc...

Yes all I'm saying is if you are going to drink you should not carry. If you are not going to drink then you should be allowed to carry. It is just like driving a car if you drink you should not drive.

Yes all I'm saying is if you are going to drink you should not carry. If you are not going to drink then you should be allowed to carry. It is just like driving a car if you drink you should not drive.

Which is way the current situation of not being able to eat at a place that sells alcohol is so laughable. Provided you are not drinking it's like saying you can't drive to an ABC store cause it sells alcohol and you can't drink and drive. WTF???

Connecticut's Alcohol Statute.

Connecticut has a Separate State Statute for Carrying a Weapon While Under The Influence. It states that you cannot Carry when your Blood Alcohol Content is .10 Percent or More. The DWI Statute was Modified From .10 to .08 Percent, But they Left the Carrying Under the Influence Statute at .10 Percent of Alcohol. There is NO Prohibition on Places of Consumption like there is in other States. Thank God. I ONLY Hope some Liberal doesn't Realize it and try to Change the Laws...............

Sec. 53-206d. Carrying a firearm while under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drug prohibited. Hunting while under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drug or while impaired by the consumption of intoxicating liquor prohibited. (a)(1) No person shall carry a pistol, revolver, machine gun, shotgun, rifle or other firearm, which is loaded and from which a shot may be discharged, upon his person (A) while under the influence of intoxicating liquor or any drug, or both, or (B) while the ratio of alcohol in the blood of such person is ten-hundredths of one per cent or more of alcohol, by weight.
(2) Any person who violates any provision of this subsection shall be guilty of a class B misdemeanor.

I also Feel that there should NOT be any "GUN FREE ZONES"!!!!!!
"IF you are Licensed to Carry" "IN YOUR STATE" "you should be ALLOWED TO CARRY ANYWHERE" with out Restrictions........... ONLY the Bad Guy's Don't Follow the Rules and would know where the Law Abiding Gun Owners in Addition to the Ordinary Citizens are Defenseless and "VICTIMS"............

Last edited:
That's an easy one. Restuarant carry should be our number one priority now. Contact your local Representative and tell them we need this ASAP.

This is what I have been saying there should be no place that you can not carry. I just feel that if you are going to drink you should not carry.

But to prohibit carry in a restaurant just because they also serve alcohol is a bit extreme don't you thing? Even I, who has never had a drink in my life, Can't take the family to Olive Garden, TGIFriday, Red Robin, etc...

Agree completely. Unlike you, however, I may choose to partake of a drink on "special" occasions (very rarely) - but I do not/would not carry my pistol on those occasions. You just have to give some conscious thought to your dining plans prior to going out and exercise care and common sense. Same as having a designated driver, etc.

I left one out, besides restaurant and educational property, apparently more people on this forum go out to eat than drop their kids off at school, but besides those two, and I agree with events where admission is charged, we need to get the State of Emergency law changed, where even transporting a firearm is prohibited.

I would go along with carrying anywhere and everywhere, but I don't think firearms should be allowed in court rooms or legislative assemblies. I can't think of anywhere else it should be prohibited.

I like the NICS background check. as long as we can keep it the way it is, a five-ten min call to the FBI they do a criminal background check and give a thumbs up. no several day waiting period and no limit on gun purchases. as for carrying laws, I don't understand how restrictions can be a good thing. i should be able to carry where I want, when I want, how I want, open or concealed.

I also believe in the instant check too. If your law abiding ur good to go anyway. It's for the good of all involved. I think if they do away with the restaurant restraint all the restaurants have to do is put up a no weapons sign since it is private property. But as we all know criminals will do it anyway. When seconds count, the police are minutes away.

I also believe in the instant check too. If your law abiding ur good to go anyway. It's for the good of all involved. I think if they do away with the restaurant restraint all the restaurants have to do is put up a no weapons sign since it is private property. But as we all know criminals will do it anyway. When seconds count, the police are minutes away.

I am not sure if the restaurants will do that. In fact I have seen very few restaurants with gun buster signs so far among the ones that DON'T serve alcohol.

Here in North Carolina, we've made some inroads with the election of an all-Republican legislature, but the Democrat Governor (yes, the same one who has advocated suspending the Presidential election 'till the economy improves') has held up the ability to carry into restaurants serving alcohol. We're just waiting her out now, as she has pretty slim odds of getting re-elected, and people are fed up with the "Big Brother" government at both the state and national levels. But the ability to carry in parks, and our 'Castle Doctrine' have been strengthened, so we're on a better path. 125 years of hand-holding and "Mother May I" is coming to a close, slowly but surely.

Richd1376:231570 said:

Actually drinking and carrying a firearm is not like drinking and driving, it's more like drinking and carrying car keys. Having car keys in your pocket doesn't mean you are driving, have a firearm in it's holster doesn't mean you are shooting. If someone has a few beers at red robin during dinner, I still think they should have the ability to defend themselves in an emergency, just like they should have the ability to drive somewhere in an emergency. Drinking and carrying car keys isn't illegal, why should a firearm be any different?

I believe we are in need of a couple changes. First, I believe we should be allowed to carry inside restaurants that serve alcohol such as Ruby Tuesday, Chili's, Red Robin, Pizza Hut, etc. Second, I really believe we should be able to carry on educational property. Finally, I believe we should be able to carry at events which charge a cover charge (i.e. Movie Theater). I myself was a victim of a shooting outside a movie theater and it annoys me greatly that even WITH my carry permit I wouldn't be able to defend myself.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back