So I'm thinking of getting an AR15 - UPDATE: I got one!

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
This was the next firearm on my want list and it looks like I may be able to get one pretty soon. I'm waiting for a few price quotes to come back my way. I just wanted to get your opinions on manufactures. My first choice is Rock River Arms but may also consider a few others. Bushmaster, Armalite, Doublestar?

ive had an olympic arms , a bushmaster and now i have a rock river. all three are excellent firearms but i would have to say that i am happiest with my rock river that came standard with a 2 stage trigger hogue grip. I also have a olympic upper in 243 wssm which i would have to say shoots some awesome groups with factory ammo. any of the ones you mentioned are quality firearms. there are lots to choose from. lewis machine and tool make high quality ar's , wilson combat also on the top of the list, but both are a bit pricey. :D

I just bought a Bushmaster varmit with a 20 in barrel and am waiting for it to get delivered to the gun store. One came in for me already but upon inspection there was damage to the forearm and I refused to accept it. I'm wondering if it was a demo model at the Shot Show as I live in Vegas and it arrived rather quickly after I ordered it.

What about Stag Arms? Cheaper and supposed to be good quality. Colt still sell them? I've shot a lot of Colt ARs and I like em.

Rock River comes with the best standard trigger in the industry. I've got an eliteA4 and I love it! I highly recommend a mid-length gas system for reliability and greater sight radius. Good luck with your purchase. :cool:

BTW: Stag actuallly makes lowers for RRA! their quality is also excellent but I can't get enough of of a standard two-stage trigger.

Last edited:
I'll take a look at the stags but I think I'll be going with a RRA. I shot my dad's and really liked it. We'll see.

Luke,

I have a friend in Seminole (across the bridge) that's an FFL dealer. I know he has an account with RRA so I may be able to get you a decend price on one. Let me know which model your looking at and I'll find out a price for you.

He also gets ARs from a guy in Lakeland that custom makes them. The company is called Anvil Arms and I've heard good thing about them. I used one of his lowers to build my AR.

Luke,

I have a friend in Seminole (across the bridge) that's an FFL dealer. I know he has an account with RRA so I may be able to get you a decend price on one. Let me know which model your looking at and I'll find out a price for you.

He also gets ARs from a guy in Lakeland that custom makes them. The company is called Anvil Arms and I've heard good thing about them. I used one of his lowers to build my AR.

I'm looking at the RRA Entry Tactical. Best price so far was $919 delivered.

Thanks. What kind do have there in your avatar?

I built that one. Here is an updated pic.

HPIM0259.jpg

Anvil Arms Lower
DPMS Lower Parts kit
ERGO grip
CAA 6 position butt stock
DPMS Upper
Bushmaster Bolt carrier group
16" Bushmaster Ultra lightwieght Chrome lined barrel
A.R.M.S low profile flipup rear sight

I've put 700 rounds through it and have not had one issue with it. I wanted a small lightweight entry style rifle and I'm really happy with the way this one turned out. Next will be a nice aimpoint.

I just built a DMPS I found decent deals on complete upper and lower and it was $80 cheapper than one that was put together

Bushmaster M-4

My brother-in-law just bought a Bushy M-4. Nice little Carbine! shoot's like a house on fire!!!

i have a stag as seen in the picture here, but with many many add ons. i have to say i loooove it. my boy hates the trigger system but i find it to be fine...

It is here!

Today is like Christmas. AR came in as well as some stuff from Cheaperthandirt. I hope to go shoot it tonight or tomorrow.

Link Removed

I have a personal bushmaster M4 and we use RockRiver at work.

When we go out to train with the rock rivers if there are going to be 3 of us shooting we will bring 4 rifles, as one of them will have problems.

In addition I have ran the course with my bushmaster several times with no problem.

So in my humble opinion the bushmaster is considerably better.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back