Snow snow snow

BC1

Sitting here watching the snowfall in upstate NY. Bored. So far about a foot has fallen on top of about 18 inches that was already on the ground. Not looking forward to plowing, blowing and shoveling later today. It takes me about three hours to clear the driveways, walkways and a trail for the dog.

Ahhh, here in the Triad of NC we have just received 5-6 inches yesterday. Another 3-4 this afternoon. While pretty, it's sure as hell as disrupted regular life here. NC does not have the infrastructure to combat such a large amount of snow in such a short time. Might be off tomorrow as well.
=
As for the dog path...........must have a short legged dog. My Sheppard is sinking in but having fun. Must be a genetic thing :>) Watch out for any snow that NOT white. Stay warm and safe up there!

this winter is for the birds, we're having a terribly cold day here as well, it's only 50 now going down into the low 40's tonight

I am with you in Buffalo Area. A simple break of a few days would be nice.
Cars are filthy and cabin fever is running high.
Sure got spoiled with the last few mild winters.
I have ran my snow thrower more this year than in the past 5 years.
BUT! The days are getting longer and each day is one day closer to spring. Unfortunately Lake Eire is frozen so it will be a cold spring when it gets here.

We were in the high 50s today and the majority of our snow melted. 'Bout time too. This has been a lot colder winter than I'm used to. Most of February has been in the low 20s and below.

Today was another long day. Did my home and three other properties for some older folks. Blew snow from 8:00 AM til 3:30 PM. Now is Miller time/Nap time. Its valentine's day and my wife isn't letting me off the hook. Need to be ship-shape by 7:30.

Sorry BC1, my wife and I don't need someone telling me a day to tell and show how much we love each other. Another fabricated holiday to profit on. BUT with that said, please enjoy your evening.

I hear people in my area whining about the snow we have had this year. A 6" snow puts them in a panic. In the 1950-1960 time frame I lived in the country, about a mile and a half from the nearest community. We use to have to walk to the little store in town to get bread, milk, meats, and what ever. I have seen times when we could walk right over fences that were grown up in honeysuckle (as we called them "hedgerows"). They were usually 4' to 5' high. I was within 50 miles of where I live now. It was not unusual for school to be closed for a week. At one time we had 2 state roads snow plows disabled trying to open our road. Good times!

I hear people in my area whining about the snow we have had this year. A 6" snow puts them in a panic. In the 1950-1960 time frame I lived in the country, about a mile and a half from the nearest community. We use to have to walk to the little store in town to get bread, milk, meats, and what ever. I have seen times when we could walk right over fences that were grown up in honeysuckle (as we called them "hedgerows"). They were usually 4' to 5' high. I was within 50 miles of where I live now. It was not unusual for school to be closed for a week. At one time we had 2 state roads snow plows disabled trying to open our road. Good times!
I had to walk out to my barn to get a ramp to load equipment into my truck. The snow from the past 3 or 4 storms came right up to my pants sipper... and I'm 6'2". I kept falling-in trying to carry the ramp through the deep sow, much to my wife's amusement. While I always skied, snowmobiled and rode a quad in winter I'm getting too old for this crap. I long for warmth. I was heading to NC for a little R&R. So much for that idea.

I got a little over two feet here on the east side of the state, and it's snowing again now. It's a long way to the road, and Ariens is my best buddy right now.

I had to walk out to my barn to get a ramp to load equipment into my truck. The snow from the past 3 or 4 storms came right up to my pants sipper... and I'm 6'2". I kept falling-in trying to carry the ramp through the deep sow, much to my wife's amusement. While I always skied, snowmobiled and rode a quad in winter I'm getting too old for this crap. I long for warmth. I was heading to NC for a little R&R. So much for that idea.

I've got relatives in South Carolina, and they are 20 west of Charleston, and they have had snow, sleet, and heavy winds and have been our of electricity since last Sunday (2/9). Look at the mess they've had in GA. Looks like the only place to go is South Florida, no snow there.

I've got relatives in South Carolina, and they are 20 west of Charleston, and they have had snow, sleet, and heavy winds and have been our of electricity since last Sunday (2/9). Look at the mess they've had in GA. Looks like the only place to go is South Florida, no snow there.
Funny thing, my brother in law just moved from W. Palm Beach to NC and got hit.
And son-of-a-dog if it didn't start snowing here again around mid-day. I think another 4-5 inches fell.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back