Snow in Nevada, December 17-18, 2008

I would really like to see a white Christmas but where I live that is not very likely.

I would really like to see a white Christmas but where I live that is not very likely.

A white Christmas would be nice, but this 70+ degree Florida weather won't allow it.

It would be nice to have a little here for Christmas. It's been colder than usual here until this week. Today it was in the low 70's.

Don't mind the snow so much in Reno, but it has been in the single digits here. Could be about 20 degrees warmer. Don't wish snow for Christmas, as I will be venturing up to South Lake Tahoe.

congrats on the snow!!! I was in pahrump about 10 years ago.. never thought there would be a day when there would be snow there... as for me I love snow.. love the winter.

Yes, both sides of the mountain got snow. In fact I think Vegas got more than Pahrump in some areas. They closed the highway on the summit a couple of times.

Yup, Vegas got more than Pahrump did. We drove over the hump just because, it was wonderful! We must be nutz! lol It's supposed to snow again, I'd love to have a white Christmas. It would be the first time in 50 some odd years! All I did was giggle like a school girl the other day. I'd felt like a little kid! I need a life! lol

I'm less than 10 minutes from the airport. I still have snow in my front yard, backyard and ice in my driveway. Because of the way my two story house is oriented and a six foot block wall surrounding my yard, it's melting much more slowly due to the lack of sunlight hitting my yard. I don't know about Phx getting snow, we're over 1000 feet higher. These bad storms happen every about every 30 years. Last one was in Jan 1979, one before that was 1949. It always gets cold enough to snow here in Dec and Jan, the question is if we have the right storm passing through at the time it is that cold. Usually we get a trace of snow once or twice in the winter overnight and it's melted within an hour of sunrise. It might snow again this Thursday night.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how low the temperature got? Over here in Northwest Indiana on Sunday, it dropped down to -3. I checked, and the lowest temperature ever recorded in Las Vegas was 8 degrees, recorded on January 13, 1963.

Can anyone tell me how low the temperature got? Over here in Northwest Indiana on Sunday, it dropped down to -3. I checked, and the lowest temperature ever recorded in Las Vegas was 8 degrees, recorded on January 13, 1963.

I don't believe that the temp was much below 30 F. here in Pahrump, almost 60 miles due west west, past the Mt. Charleston range and Spring Mountain hump, from Las Vegas. I don't know what the temp was in Las Vegas, sorry.

I don't believe that the temp was much below 30 F. here in Pahrump, almost 60 miles due west west, past the Mt. Charleston range and Spring Mountain hump, from Las Vegas. I don't know what the temp was in Las Vegas, sorry.

I guess that the record doesn't look like it'll be in jeopardy any time soon, does it?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back