Sniper shopping

Dog5911

I am looking for a rifle to preform sniper style shooting, but would like one with not so much recoil. I would like any advise and suggestions. Thanks.

My personal prefrence is a Remington 700, there are a million things out there that you can do to reduce the reciol, and you can get it in a hundred calibers. What kind of distance are you looking to shoot, what it the purpose of the rifle? Hunting, sport, bullseye?

I got a lot of ideas to help you out, but I need more information. Like are you looking to modify the gun or do you want to keep it stock and just slap a scope and bi-pod onto it?

"sniper style" as you put it pretty much entails everything. Long range, short range, high angle, day time, night time, snipers are also trained in close quarters so you are going to have to be more specific.

I am looking for a rifle to preform sniper style shooting, but would like one with not so much recoil. I would like any advise and suggestions. Thanks.

If you want a semi-auto: My Springfield M1A (civilian version of the M14) has very reasonable recoil. It shoots a Winchester .308 round (NATO 7.62). For the last several years our military has been reissuing the M14 to our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan in order to give them more long-range firepower. US Special Forces have and sniper teams have always had M14s at their disposal. In 1969 Marine Corps sniper Chuck Mawhinney used his M14 to kill 16 NVA troops in less than a minute....almost all with headshots. It's a capable sniper rifle to say the least. The M1A is available in a number of different configurations, from standard (like mine) all the way up to the high-end Super Match model.

If you want bolt-action then I agree with CalicoJack10. The 700 is hard to argue with.

One thing not mentioned is what size. .22 or up to .50 BMG. Bolt action or newer Semi-auto? US or import such as a Soviet block unit?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back