Smith and wesson bodyguard

Feimer74

Has anyone shot these new guns yet or seen them????????

Yup, I have and I like them.

I haven't gotten around to buying one just yet (my only small wheel gun right now is a pre-war Colt Detective) but I've shot a friend of mine's steel frame Bodyguard a few times. The built in hammer shroud makes it smooth to draw from a pocket but still gives you the option of thumbing the hammer back (that's best done with the off hand thumb since we are talking about a J-frame). I don't think his is +P rated (I don't know just how old it is because he got it from his father) but it shoots as well as any other J-frame I've handled.

I wondered what you meant by new at first as the body guard has been around a long time. My wife carried one for years until it was stolen. I see now you are talking about a new semi and not the five shot revolver.

For those who haven't seen one, here it is, w/ laser sight.

Link Removed

Has anyone shot these new guns yet or seen them????????

Well, that changes EVERYTHING.

Then my answer is, no, I haven't shot one.

WARNING!!!! :stop:

RANT MODE FULLY ENGAGED!!!!! :angry:

What? Can't Smith come up with new names for new guns???? First the M&P stops meaning a K frame 38 with a 4 or 5 inch barrel and fixed sights like it's been for like the last 80 years to become a whole series of self shuckin' bottom feeders and now the Bodyguard- which has been a short barreled J frame .38 5 shooter with a built in hammer shroud for like the last 50 years- refers to a 7 shot shelf shucking .380. Not too long ago, Smith didn't even make a .380 at all!!

I swear, they are getting as bad as the car makers. For example, once upon a time, the 'Explorer' tag on a Ford meant it was a heavy duty pickup like a F150 4X4 off road/work package with a fancy paint job and a nicer interior- not the ill handling result of a pickup and station wagon's unholy union.

RANT MODE OFF!!!

It is now safe to let the womenfolk and small children back in the room.:laugh:

I have only read an article or two on the gun. I like the idea of incorporating the laser into the gun from the factory. It is a little pricey though.:biggrin:

A pleassure to shoot

I have one and just love it. So far I have run about 3 boxes of ammo through it. There have been bo issues at all. I do find it a little difficult to take down. The take down pin is very tight but I imagine it will get better over time. The only other problem is that with any new model finding holsters is a little more difficult.

Fun to shoot

I have run about 3 boxes of ammo through it. I enjoy shooting this little powerhouse. I also have a Keltec P3AT 380. The S&W bodyguard has many more features and better sight options. Both are fine guns.

I went to my local dealer to buy one a couple of weeks ago. They're a nice feeling gun and the price is certainly right when you consider the laser is fully incorporated in the design.

However, my dealer said, "Better wait a bit because they're having some issues with the trigger returning." He further explained that they (the gun shop) were not really going to sell any more until "the serial numbers get above 3000."

After doing a little internet research, it is true that there are some issues with the trigger return. S&W is fully standing by the warranty, but I'll wait a while before making my purchase.

Just Google "bodyguard 380 problems" and you'll quickly see what I'm referring to.

I swear, they are getting as bad as the car makers.
For example, once upon a time, the 'Explorer' tag on a Ford meant it was a heavy duty pickup like a F150 4X4 off road/work package with a fancy paint job and a nicer interior- not the ill handling result of a pickup and station wagon's unholy union.

You do know the explorer is based off the Ford ranger pick up truck and not the F150. The Ford Expedition is based off the F150 pick up truck and the Ford excursion is based off the F250 pick up truck. The explorer brand is shit and always has been same with the ranger pick up. I love my Expedition to death and would not trade it.

I swear, they are getting as bad as the car makers.

You do know the explorer is based off the Ford ranger pick up truck and not the F150. The Ford Expedition is based off the F150 pick up truck and the Ford excursion is based off the F250 pick up truck. The explorer brand is shit and always has been same with the ranger pick up. I love my Expedition to death and would not trade it.

I realize that completely but before there was such a thing as an SUV (or the Ranger for that matter), the name Ford Explorer was a name for a off road package for the F-150 series of pickups (like the XL, XLT or Lariat is now). Back then, Ford trucks were the F-series. Any names you saw were the different interior or off road packages.

It's the same thing that GM did with their trucks at the time. 'Custom Deluxe' Chevy or GMC pickups had fancier interiors, more chrome and different name badges on the side.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back