Smartcarry review

willyNH

I've been using the Smartcarry holster for the last 2 months in preparation for a visit to a destination where I felt my normal IWB/Glock 26 would not be sufficient.

I purchased the holster direct from the website, received exactly what I expected in 1 weeks time. Very pleasant transaction.

I then wore this over the next month, in combination with my IWB, with a 2" revolver and 3 speedstrips. This is not a practicle arrangement, but I was curious if my wife would spot the new bulge. She did not.

I told my wife shortly before our trip that I would be checking a gun at the airport. It was 3 days into our trip that she asked me about the holster and if I had been armed the whole time. She had seen the holster in a drawer while I was showering. Never did make me while carrying!

Smartcarry is far and away the most concealable rig out there. I still choose my IWB for my daily carry, but my experience with Smartcarry was positive and I recommend it to anyone who does need deep concealment.

Hope this helps someone else.

-Matt

I agree that for deep concealment, nothing beats Smartcarry. However, desite hundreds of reps per day when I first got mine, it was never a quick draw for me, and it was even worse while sitting down. And yes, even though the pocket covers the trigger, psychologically, the thought of having the barrel of a loaded gun pointed right at my baby-making parts makes me feel uneasy. I still use my smartcarry today, but not for concealed carry; I use mine to keep my shirts tucked in.

man.

So your saying that this is the most comfortable rig you have seen. OK, I got to know. How does it feel when you sit down. Also want to know, how do you go to the bathroom. Also is it comfortable when you are driving?

do you need to get bigger pants??

man.

So your saying that this is the most comfortable rig you have seen. OK, I got to know. How does it feel when you sit down. Also want to know, how do you go to the bathroom. Also is it comfortable when you are driving?

do you need to get bigger pants??
For wearing nylon shorts or anything without a belt..I think its the best! It's real EASY to reposition while seated driving or not and have access to your weapon! Use a stall when doing your business and rotate it to the side!

Bathroom when standing: fingers push holster to side to make clearance. I started wearing it more to one side. This proved more comfortable and made this operation easier.

Bathroom when sitting: pull holster up around chest. This was quick and easy and did not require unholstering the gun.

Without an IWB, I wore the same pants with the belt a little looser. Very comfortable and no pinching whether seated or standing.

For the record, the gun is pointed down the to of your thigh. If you are dressed to the other side of the muzzle, there is no way for the muzzle to ever sweep your genitals while carrying.

-Matt

Like....you are joking, right?

No, not at all. My Gunsite Academy instructor, a woman, carried a small revolver exactly right where the Smartcarry holster is situated, but without the rigging. Not sure how she kept the holster in place, but it seemed to work well for her. And she did not appear to be carrying an extra "package" ;)

Yup, the SmartCarry is awesome. People will always have a hard time believing it, I know I did until I got mine. I use mine all summer long. I used to be completely happy with my IWB until SmartCarry. I still IWB but only in the colder months when I can wear a hoodie or jacket.

For those who are worried about draw time (this is not me):

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back