SKS Stock Change

Dog5911

I am looking to change the stock on my Yugo SKS. I am in need of ideas on what type i should get. i would also like advise on any tips or tricks to replacing the stock. i have the OEM wooden stock on now.

sks carbines are pretty popular in my country and os are replacement stocks for them. I used Tapco M4 type folding stock and found it to work great. I dont think much handwork is needed, maybe just polishing off some plastic inside the stock for proper fit. with detachible TApco mags it becomes another gun.

had bad experience with pro mag magazines but Tapco works great

TAPCO SKS Stocks

I have a Chinese SKS (milled receiver not stamped) and like you, wanted a better stock than the OEM wooden one. I bought the TAPCO M4 6-position synthetic stock. No cutting or burnishing was needed. The instructions that come with the stock is clear and sufficient for just about anyone to change the stock. The stock is Type Certified by the BATFE to be legal to use.
I also have the 30 & 20 round TAPCO magazines that are great. They work better than any other magazine that I have bought for this carbine (over 30 different ones).

The SKS Carbine is now a real pleasure to shoot and it looks great!

I have a Chinese SKS (milled receiver not stamped) and like you, wanted a better stock than the OEM wooden one. I bought the TAPCO M4 6-position synthetic stock. No cutting or burnishing was needed. The instructions that come with the stock is clear and sufficient for just about anyone to change the stock. The stock is Type Certified by the BATFE to be legal to use.
I also have the 30 & 20 round TAPCO magazines that are great. They work better than any other magazine that I have bought for this carbine (over 30 different ones).

The SKS Carbine is now a real pleasure to shoot and it looks great!

totally agree with this post.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back