single clip IWB holster?

Second Clip/attaching point = more stability. Helps hold the grip at the same angle and at the same place on the belt. Distributes the weight and "tug" on the belt over a wider area. More of an issue with heavier, longer carry pieces than with lighter, shorter ones. A double-stack .45 (for instance) could best be carried with dual attachment points.

Single clip attached over the center of the carry piece makes for a bit thicker "lump" under your belt, all else being equal. That said, the thin, light single-stack .380 (or even 9mm) might be perfectly suited to carry with a single-attachment holster.

Agreed!
To all, single clip holsters tend to rock back and forth, and, if you get a cheaper one, the clip might break, especially if it's one of those cheaper "plastic" clips (referring to Kydex, polymers, etc). I had that happens with a holster that uses a Kydex clip. Metal is better. Also, use a little Loktite to hold the screw in place so that it won't back out. I had that happen once...

Look up Theis (pronounced Tice) Holsters. Their horsehide costs less than crossbreed's cowhide and they also carry .380 clip sizes if you need it.

Link Removed

This holster doesn't rock back and forth. May be the design type. And the clip won't break. And it it does I sure he will fix it. I have a well known brand name type hybid holster which is 2 clip. This UBG is way more comfortable and just as secure. But this is just my opinion my fit. Yours maybe different

Link Removed

Desantis Sof Tuck is what I use and I am happy with it. Use it for my Colt Gov't .380 hasn't shifted in 6 months of wearing it in the S. Fla heat. Also have one for my RIA 1911 38 Super no problems at all. Both weapons slip in and out without problems on the draw and holstering. Also no one notices when I have my shirt tucked in for meetings. Hope this helps.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Don't buy whats affordable but, what comfortable. Take it from experience and a person who took a lot of shortcuts in this department and all I have are a bunch of useless holsters. I have a supertuck and it's a great holster worth every penny. If you need to wait and save a little than do so because an uncomtable is holster is just as good as no holster. Good luck in finding the right holster

I agree buy what comfortable. But you won't know till you try it. For me I don't like the Hybrid Kydex holsters. Alot of others do. But many don't. You really won't know till you buy one. If your trying to save $$ just go to LGS and try them all on.

The Galco Triton is a very affordable and secure holster. It has a large single clip that is very sturdy and durable. I've used it and it works well.

While you're looking at Galco, check out the SkyOps series. I've been using one daily for the last 2 months and think very highly of it. It's tuckable, very discreet and relatively secure as it attaches to the top and bottom of the belt. Wish it had a reinforced mouth for reholstering but it doesn't collapse as much as my SofTuck. Support arms (sturdy yet flexible plastic) are made for 1 1/2" or 1 1/4" belts so you can change them out. Time will tell how it holds up for me but I'm a fan so far. You can find them reasonably priced on Amazon. Good luck in your search!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back