SIG Sauer P250

calvin

Benevolent Overlord
CLICK FOR BIGGER PIC
Link Removed

The innovative P250 comes in three grip sizes and has a modular fire control group. What makes this pistol really interesting is that the fire control group is the actual serialized component (legal firearm) instead of the frame itself like most semi-automatic handguns.

The owner can simply purchase additional differently sized frames and drop the FCG into it.

The P250 has interchangable frames and slides in full size, compact, and subcompact -- in all flavors: 9mm, 357 SIG, 40SW, and 45ACP.

CLICK FOR BIGGER PIC
Link Removed

USA Carry wants to extend a special thank you to Tarmo Kopakka, one of Sig's tactical trainers from Sweden who spent several minutes with us going over this pistol with us. Luke and I can't say the same for every manufacturer we talked to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just had the opportunity to fire the P250 at a gun shop in SC. Gun shops down there are a lot different than up in NY. I rented the gun and spent about an hour and 100 rounds with it. I fired a 9mm, medium frame setup.

Very accurate gun from the very first shot. I had a hard time with follow-up shots at first because the trigger pull is so long. There is no way to just reset the trigger like on the Glock or on a DA/SA handgun. The trigger is set up like a DAO revolver. This is by no means bad, and the trigger is very nice overall. Very smooth pull, no stacking that I noticed, and a clean break. It would take me some time to learn to be quick with it.

Overall opinion was favorable, but I would not buy it at this time. I cannot wait to see the .45ACP and compact frame setup. If you have a chance to put one in your hand, try it out. It's a solid plattform from what I saw so far.

-Matt

I own the full size .45 acp and love it. The only thing is that i cannot find a holster for it. I have put 1000+ rounds through the Sig and I love it.

Hey amddude: You mention all the interchangeable calibers supposedly offerred. Try and find all the interchangeeable calibers available or even being made. Find me a 45 interchange kit ANYWHERE. Bet you cannot. Very disappointed in my 2 year wait.They sold a bill of goods on something that does not exist(the 45 interchange)--at least since the 250's intro.

I have wanted one for a long time. If I could fit another handgun into my budget right now this would most likely be my pick. I would really like one in sub compact. Perhaps Sig will send me one for an impartial evaluation.:biggrin:

Hey amddude: You mention all the interchangeable calibers supposedly offerred. Try and find all the interchangeeable calibers available or even being made. Find me a 45 interchange kit ANYWHERE. Bet you cannot. Very disappointed in my 2 year wait.They sold a bill of goods on something that does not exist(the 45 interchange)--at least since the 250's intro.

Have you tried contacting sig directly?

Hey amddude: A rep for Sig spent a day at our local gunshop and I made a point of being there and asking. He was to contact the "Sig office" but time differences necessitated a call 2 hours later. No real reply, no followup, no nothing. It is fairly obvious that Sig made initial promises they could not keep. I would think they are having tech problems or manufacture problems with the 45 convert but refuse to come to grips with them via their customers. I purchased a 9mm version with the desire to also purchase the 45 upgrade--it has not been available, from what I can see, since the gun's introduction-about 2 years ago. Come clean and offer me my money back. Sorely disappointed. Many other fine firearm mfgrs out there and Sig is not on my list anymore.

Hey amddude: A rep for Sig spent a day at our local gunshop and I made a point of being there and asking. He was to contact the "Sig office" but time differences necessitated a call 2 hours later. No real reply, no followup, no nothing. It is fairly obvious that Sig made initial promises they could not keep. I would think they are having tech problems or manufacture problems with the 45 convert but refuse to come to grips with them via their customers. I purchased a 9mm version with the desire to also purchase the 45 upgrade--it has not been available, from what I can see, since the gun's introduction-about 2 years ago. Come clean and offer me my money back. Sorely disappointed. Many other fine firearm mfgrs out there and Sig is not on my list anymore.

Are you saying he called or you called? If you didn't, I would try giving them a buzz
Phone: (603) 772-2302 (press #3 for Customer Service)

Thanks amddude: I will give them a call but not expecting much and certainly not expecting a 45 changeover in the next several months. Very disappointed. Spend a lot of money and got quality but did not get anything they promised in their promotion.

I was under the impression that the .45 was a separate platform. The 9mm, .40 and .357 are interchangeable but the .45 is standalone.

Hey Pirate: I believe you are wrong. From Day 1 in my fruitless quest to obtain what I wanted, there was a 45 changeover kit that was to be available; it just seems to have disappeared---probably because of tech problems. All sig has to do is tell me that and I would be disappointed but not outraged. When you spend big bucks you expect more than just the product from a supposedly respected company. Just go on the internet and prompt for the 45 changeover for the 250 and you will see vendors who talk about "not in stock", etc.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back