Sig P250 vs other .45 guns

442js

I am looking into getting a .45. I am looking into the Sig P250, FN FNP-45, Glock 21, and Springfield XD 45.

Does anyone have the P250? I can get it for a good price, but before I buy it I would like some feedback from people who either own it or tried it. I know it had some neutral reviews when it first came out, but supposedly it has been improved on. I know it is built on a modular frame where I can buy kits to swap out the .45 parts with .40, 9 mm or .357 sig parts.

I get can the FNP-45 for $140 more than the P250. I have a Five Seven so I am familiar with FN, and do like their products. Anyone try a FNP-45?

I am not much of a Glock guy so I probably won't be getting it. That costs a little more than the FNP-45, and between the two I would get the FNP-45.

Springfield is the most expensive one. I have heard mostly good things.

Appreciate all your advice. Thank you.

I've shot them all and I'm all for the Springfield. Having said that you need to shoot all of them (if you haven't already) and decide what works best for you. Afterall one day this tool could save your life or that of a loved one.

I have a 250 in. 40 and love it. Got it cheap. Nib for 359.00. Goes bang everytime and is plenty accurate for self defense purposes.

ruger P345

I know u didn't mention it but you might also look at a Ruger P345. I have had this gun since 2003 and have had no issues. Hell sometimes I even swim with it in the river. Go shoot one and see what you think.

I have the FNP-45 and love it! It is a dream to shoot, does not even feel like a 45. Grip is a little big and not ergonomic at all. I just recently put on a houge grip and it made a huge difference. I'm about 1000 rounds in with only 1 F2 Feed. That was caused by the spring in the mag sticking. After using it some more it works like the rest

Also between all of these the FN is the only da/sa. Is that what you are looking for? I bought a striker fired as my first pistol and regret it now.

I am not sure about the other 3 but the FN does come with 3 mags.

Those are my thoughts, and they are pretty one sided lol. But that's all I have knowledge in at the moment.

I have the FNP-45 and love it! It is a dream to shoot, does not even feel like a 45. Grip is a little big and not ergonomic at all. I just recently put on a houge grip and it made a huge difference. I'm about 1000 rounds in with only 1 F2 Feed. That was caused by the spring in the mag sticking. After using it some more it works like the rest

Also between all of these the FN is the only da/sa. Is that what you are looking for? I bought a striker fired as my first pistol and regret it now.

I am not sure about the other 3 but the FN does come with 3 mags.

Those are my thoughts, and they are pretty one sided lol. But that's all I have knowledge in at the moment.

I am somewhat familiar with FN due to owning a Five Seven. I haven't really thought about SA/DA, but that is a big difference between the FN and Sig. I thought the Sig was dao only, and not striker fired like the Glock. Am I wrong?

I am somewhat familiar with FN due to owning a Five Seven. I haven't really thought about SA/DA, but that is a big difference between the FN and Sig. I thought the Sig was dao only, and not striker fired like the Glock. Am I wrong?

You are right, the Sig is DAO

I like any HK. I carry a HKc .45 and have a USP stainless .45. Need ergos the HK .45 is like my P30 but a .45. The Glock 21sf gen3 great for the money. FN's never had one...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back