Sig P239

Hub

When purchasing my Sig P239, the gunshop told me an added feature was the capability for interchangeable barrels between 9mm and 40 cal. Has anyone ever done this? Sig does not state this in their marketing material. I realize that if it were possible the mag would also need changing. Any comments/suggestions?

I have one and I agree there are no instructions or in formation about interchange. However it seems very feasible and doable as long as you change magazines.:pleasantry:

You can do it since the 9mm and .40S&W are almost the same diameter(the .40 is larger..!)

but that is if you get a SigP239 in .40S&W and you get a 9mm barrel for it. But not the other way around.

Also the frame and slide for a P239 in 9mm,40S&W,357sig are the same slide so you can get away with it.

Ask Sigsauer if this will void the warranty before you do it. I'm sure it will.

I looked at the Sigsauer website and the SigP239 does not have a caliberxchange kit for it.

This is basically why I did not go with the SigP239 for carry. I got the P250 subcompact.

here is why. (not trying to change your mind, but just take a look).

1.- SigP250 (one serial number)
2.- You can change the grip size from Small,medium and large in subcompact.
3.- You can change the caliber from 9mm,40S&W,357sig and 45ACP in subcompact by using the caliber exchange kits, they come with Night sights, a magazine and the slide.
4.- You can also get a caliber exchange for a compact and then get a compact frame in the size you want and boom, you got a subcompact and compact gun that you can still carry and take to the range. :sarcastic: sweet.
5.- you can do it for the full size also. I think it is a sweet idea and the gun works well for me.

I use it in my classes when teaching CCW and to get people familiar with the different calibers. :biggrin: saves me some $$$ and lets them try different grips and calibers so they can make an honest decision on the gun size and caliber they want to carry.

oh the only down side of this gun is that the holster selection is still small.

Not trying to bash the Sig P239. I have an old one and I love mine, but I do feel limited on the caliber change, that is why I got the 40S&W version

You can do it since the 9mm and .40S&W are almost the same diameter(the .40 is larger..!)

but that is if you get a SigP239 in .40S&W and you get a 9mm barrel for it. But not the other way around.

Also the frame and slide for a P239 in 9mm,40S&W,357sig are the same slide so you can get away with it.

Ask Sigsauer if this will void the warranty before you do it. I'm sure it will.

I looked at the Sigsauer website and the SigP239 does not have a caliberxchange kit for it.

This is basically why I did not go with the SigP239 for carry. I got the P250 subcompact.

here is why. (not trying to change your mind, but just take a look).

1.- SigP250 (one serial number)
2.- You can change the grip size from Small,medium and large in subcompact.
3.- You can change the caliber from 9mm,40S&W,357sig and 45ACP in subcompact by using the caliber exchange kits, they come with Night sights, a magazine and the slide.
4.- You can also get a caliber exchange for a compact and then get a compact frame in the size you want and boom, you got a subcompact and compact gun that you can still carry and take to the range. :sarcastic: sweet.
5.- you can do it for the full size also. I think it is a sweet idea and the gun works well for me.

I use it in my classes when teaching CCW and to get people familiar with the different calibers. :biggrin: saves me some $$$ and lets them try different grips and calibers so they can make an honest decision on the gun size and caliber they want to carry.

oh the only down side of this gun is that the holster selection is still small.

Not trying to bash the Sig P239. I have an old one and I love mine, but I do feel limited on the caliber change, that is why I got the 40S&W version

Thanks much for the extensive and informative reply! I only wish I knew this before I purchased the 9mm. /Hub

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back