Sig P239 DAK or SAS for CCW

mwhals

The Sig P239 is the gun I want, so now deciding on the trigger.

The DAK is DA only with a 7 pound trigger. The SAS is DA/SA with 10 pounds and 4.4 pounds, respectively.

I can see the merits of both.

i have a 224 SAS DA/SA with 10 llb DA and 4.4 SA i prefer it over the DAK. The trigger is easy to manage and single action mode is very nice

I think your first shot will be the most important in a shoot out, get the gun you shoot best on the first shot. Single action shots will allways be more accurate than double action , so I recomend a single action hand gun like a 1911 or a browning high power. If you must go with the sig get the sas atleast you will be shooting single action after the first shot. That being said try both and choose the one you like best.

I bought my 239 with the DA/SA trigger. I prefer that setup, and my other two Sigs that I carry (P226 and P232) also operate identically.

Ultimately, I settled on DA/SA for the range. My thought was this: The likelihood of ever needing to actually fire my gun in a defense scenario is very slim, which means practicing and target shooting will probably be 100% of the rounds put through my handguns. I prefer SA for target shooting, but I want a DA first pull with no safety to operate for defense. I practice double taps with the DA/SA pattern every time I go shoot. To me, it seemed like the best way to go.

My dad on the other hand is completely sold on the Sig DAK trigger system. He absolutely loves it. As a LEO, he is big on the fact that every trigger pull is consistent, and there is no way for one of his officers to forget to decock the hammer before placing their sidearm back in the holster. He always carried DA only in the past, but doesn't miss that heavy DA trigger pull.

-SF

I like the idea of the 4.4 pound follow up trigger pulls versus all of them being 7 pounds. Also, the SAS is dehorned.

It's all personal preference. I have the SAS P239 and I prefer the DA/SA setup. The flexibility of being able to cock the hammer for SAO is nice (although extremely unlikely you'd ever be in that situation).

Ultimately it will come down to how you want to train. The first pull of my P239 is a bear, but I've slowly gotten consistent shots with it over the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back