Sig P238 or Kahr PM9?

jreXD9

I've got an opportunity to trade my Sig P238 w/Rosewood grips and night sights plus some ammo for a new Kahr PM9 with 4 mags. It would be a chance to consolidate my ammo to 9mm. We all know the availability and price of .380 ammo. My Sig is broken in and runs like a top. The Kahr would need the break-in period. The Sig recoil is mild. What's the PM9 recoil like?
$ vs. $ the pistols aren't that far apart.
I need your opinions soon plz.

Which do you consider the all 'round better weapon?

I'd up grade to the nine. The Sig is a beautiful weapon but the .380 round is not a great self defense round. Fine if it is all you have. The nine is preferable. IMHO Besides, the Kahr is a good quality firearm too.

Recoil is not bad at all on my PM9. The trigger pull is a nice constant long pull which is great for CC. The break-in only takes 200 rounds to get it running smoothly. Kahr has one of the best lifetime warranties around. No questions asked at all. I sent in my PM40 and my PM45 and they were used firearms for mainly some tweaking. They even sent me a couple extra magazines for my trouble.

Ok, I did the deal. The Sexy Sig is gone. The PM9 is in my possession and I'll take it to the range Fri or Sat and wring it out. I hope I got a winner.

I believe you'd have been happy with either one of them. I own several Kahrs, and have been very happy with them. Sig also makes fine weapons. Soooooo, if the new purchase handles well, then your consolodation of ammo makes it a good choice! If you don't care for the Kahr, you can always trade for something else.

I think the Kahr is a better choice. Mine had no issues during the "break in" and was very easy to handle recoil. I would not want a SA pocket pistol.

I ran 150 thru the Kahr yesterday with ZERO issues. I was surprised at the lack of recoil. I was expecting more. It was just a little more than the Sig P238, MUCH less than an LCP and Kelt Tec P3AT that I've shot....about the same as my xd9sc, give or take a little. The box of WWB had a little more kick than the box of PMC. Even with the new to me DAO trigger my accuracy was good with nice 6 inch groups at 25 ft. With a little practice I hope to get that down to 4 inch groups. Efforts at rapid fire didn't provide consistent groups. Gotta work on that, too. All in all, I'm quite pleased.
I'll miss that little Sig. I really liked it, but 9mm ammo availability and cost factored into this. The extra power of the larger caliber was most important, though.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back