SIG Mosquito for my Can

bkdraft

Picked up a used SIG Mosquito yesterday, has been used pretty good, but it shoots just fine. I wanted this one because it had the threaded barrel and I can use my Suppressor on it. I had to order an adapter and it will be here next week, cant wait to shoot it with the suppressor.
My suppressor was made my Ross Precision Gun Works, very well made, and very easy to take apart for cleaning. Highly recommend Chuck, he is very good to work with and does excellent work.

Bought my wife a Mosquito several years ago and she loves it except it is VERY picky on the ammo.

I have a Sig Mosquito and love it. I have matted mine with my Sparrow can and it's great. I have found that sub-sonic ammo doesn't want to cycle correctly, so I moved my can to my Walther P22, which wille eat whatever its fed.

I hurd the gun is a PoS.
It is assuredly NOT Sig's best work. However it is a decent little shooter. The trigger SUCKS out loud but if you can clean that up ( takes some work but it can be done ) then your or. I have a black one with a Gemtech threaded barrel for suppressor use and my daughter has a pink one.

Finally found some time to shoot mine. Had one FTF out of about 50 or so rounds. Used some Remington and also sub rounds with no FTE. Was little disapointed in the sound was not as quiet as I thought it might be. Definently more quite than without the can, but not near as quiet as it is on my SIG 522. But, still a lot of fun to shoot.
Link Removed

Finally found some time to shoot mine. Had one FTF out of about 50 or so rounds. Used some Remington and also sub rounds with no FTE. Was little disapointed in the sound was not as quiet as I thought it might be. Definently more quite than without the can, but not near as quiet as it is on my SIG 522. But, still a lot of fun to shoot. Link Removed
Longer barrel more quiet. Suppressed handguns also do better with less the 4 inch barrels. The best suppression your going to see will be with single shot rifles IE single shot, lever or pump. The difference is amazing. You have to remember allot of sound comes formt he action of a semi and out the breach when it cycles. To see the difference fire one round with your sig mos regular and hold the slide closed for the next shot that will remove all breach gas and cycling noise. With a Ruger mk or Buckmark you can simply use your thumb to do this.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back