Sig for Lefties

BlueSkyLancero

Good Afternoon,

I currently carry a 938 with an ambi safety.

I'm looking to satisfy the n+1 theory on gun ownership so I have been shooting several guns at the range! I really like the 229, and I have also enjoyed the 226 and 220. I also really enjoy the 1911s I've taken out (Sig, Kimber, Knighthawk).

I'm a lefty, there are not many like me, but we are here - some of the great ones have been lefties you know - there was Bush 43 and then Obama, heck Clinton and the Bush 41 were also both lefties!

For 1911s, I seek out the ambi-safety, but the majority of Sig's other standouts (229, 226, etc...) are all for right handed shooters and as I understand it they don't make the left handed option.

Are there any lefties that carry a "right handed" firearm (226) and have learned to overcome?

Thanks,
Dru

I'm not sure why you think the P229 (and most of the classic Sigs) have a hand preference. The grip is pretty much ambidextrous and there's no safety to worry about. I have no problem working the mag release or decocking lever with my left index finger.

I have a 239, 225, 245, 224. I am a lefty and I have no problems with these. I leave the mag release on the left side. I use my left index finger to operate the mag release and the decocker.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back