Sig 5.56 Pistol is it worth the $$

Edvon

Edvon
Is the Pistol Version really worth the 1,500 i mean considering its a "long ranged" pistol makes me wonder why you'd use a LG pistol for long ranged in the first place i mean wouldnt the 5.56 Rifle be a better choice ? I mean the Rifle i would think would be a better shot considering the longer barrel.

Well the things to consider here are portability, concealability, and maneuverability. The pistol version can easily fit into a small bag such as a back pack or messenger bag, while the 556 swat with a foldable stock is shorter than most AR type rifles it is still considerably larger. The rifle ofcourse is going to give you better accuracy, but the pistol is really for close in fighting (pistol/submachine gun type ranges i would think). You are going to have the power of a rifle in a small package that can be put on a sling and worn under a jacket, probably not the most useful thing unless you are in the security/bodyguard business, but I suppose if you really wanted to you can CC it. You will also be able to get around tight corners and cover easier with the pistol version than the rifle so if it is only going to be a home defense gun the pistol may be the way to go.
I still havent decided which version I want, the swat or the p556. Personally im leaning more towards the 556swat but i think if you're not going to be shooting at stuff over 100yds away the p556 has its advantages.

It all depends on if you can afford it without putting to much hurt on you. If you can, go for it. In other words if money is not a real big problem do it. I would not mind having one but right now it is not in the budget.

Comp Shooter thank you i didnt really think of all that. So that would be a nice one to consider. Im leaning more toward buying one concidering what you have said. TY:biggrin:

if you buy the swat or 556er version with the folding stock make sure its has either been retrofitted with the hinge pin that has a deep groove for the retaining clip. that has been the only complaint i have had so far was that while shooting it the retaining clip kept coming off and the spring and pin went one way and the retaining clip another. and again its not all their stocks some are made by magpull and i think the one that i have was made by an israli company. I ended up haveing a friend use his millin machine to drill and pin it so that problem is solved. Mine has 16 inch barrel and 1 moa is easily obtainable with quality ammo

if you buy the swat or 556er version with the folding stock make sure its has either been retrofitted with the hinge pin that has a deep groove for the retaining clip. that has been the only complaint i have had so far was that while shooting it the retaining clip kept coming off and the spring and pin went one way and the retaining clip another. and again its not all their stocks some are made by magpull and i think the one that i have was made by an israli company. I ended up haveing a friend use his millin machine to drill and pin it so that problem is solved. Mine has 16 inch barrel and 1 moa is easily obtainable with quality ammo

we are talking about the pistol version of the 556 not the rifle ... ps there is a swat version of the 556 pistol too which is imo bad A.:yu:

i have shot both the pistol version and i have a 556 er, the pistol version will deafen you quickly. it is neat though it would be great for close quaters like home defense or clearing buildings. i prefered to have the extra few inches of barrel it the collapseable flding stock so i had a little more versatility. with the stock collapsed and folded its only like 4'' longer and those 4 inches of barrel add more accuracy for the longer distances. plus when you fold the stock out you have the stability to shoot accuratlely at longer distances. i just found it more versitile than the pistol version personally. i also have heard from a reliable sourse that sig is in the process of desiging them in 7.62 nato

that would be nice with the 7.62 nato see thats my conundrum (excuse my bad spelling) it seems like it would be mor versatile to just have the rifle with a folding stock so .. maybe ill hit the lottery and buy both lol:sarcastic:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back