shtf, nail studded sticks all over the roads. cars stalled everywhere.

thru

Banned
everybody desperate to take YOUR vehicle, and your stuff. How you gonna handle that, hmm? IF you make it to your chosen BOL, what to do with the vehicle then? leave tracks right up to where you are going to stay? leave the vehicle out where it will reflect light and attract attention? How far do you "think' you are going to haul 1000 lbs of gear and food, on foot, hmm? gonna walk a big half circle with it, so your (multiple) tracks dont lead looters right to your BOL?

Its pretty simple actually, I dont think a vehicle is going to be a big issue right off the bat, however, a vehicle is always a good thing to have, offers shelter, warmth, cover [in an attack] and offers itself as a supply, ie batteries, seats etc. But, then again, thats why its always best to have the bigger stick. People by nature arent violent, so I doubt your vehicle will put you in immediate danger.

Self sealing tanks, run flats and ballistic armor, a lot of armament, former race driver, MMA, Texas Hold'em player, survival expert, if you need a thousand pounds of **** to disappear, your not going to survive anyway.

I would definitely want a capable vehicle. Doesn't mean you need it forever but it makes things easier as long as you have it.

Why leave? My home is my castle. Daughter and son in law across circle. Several friends in circle. Lots of us with guns and experience. Got food water and toilette paper for a couple months. Lots of bullets. Our circle will be the death zone. Hitting the road seems like a poor second choice. Our little army of 50 would stand up to most wandering bands of crooks. Only one way in and one way out. I like our position. Several of our neighbors are Mormons and they believe in keeping a 2 year supply of stuff. My kids and I are pretty well stocked as well. Bring it b....

Why leave? My home is my castle. Daughter and son in law across circle. Several friends in circle. Lots of us with guns and experience. Got food water and toilette paper for a couple months. Lots of bullets. Our circle will be the death zone. Hitting the road seems like a poor second choice. Our little army of 50 would stand up to most wandering bands of crooks. Only one way in and one way out. I like our position. Several of our neighbors are Mormons and they believe in keeping a 2 year supply of stuff. My kids and I are pretty well stocked as well. Bring it b....

I have posted on several other forums and such basically the same thing. We bugged out of a big city in 1979. Our area is predominantly LDS; our area is surrounded by mountains and only three ways in. I have been prepared since right after the 1970’s oil fiasco. During the pre-Y2K, I was pretty well set up but enhanced my stance with a generator. Using the old reliable mildot sights on the 7.62 the first fence post from the front door is 283 yards. The 5.56 is for suppression by the woman who chases my checks. Our area is very heavily populated with fellow prior service members and well aware of the issues. The only issues I have are with my dear friends who are not Christians. That is the last battle.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back