SHTF Bag

HK4U

We talked about this a little on another thread some time back but there have been a lot of new members join sense then that I thought it would be good to bring this up. How many of you carry a bag with extra equipment beyond your everyday carry peice. Often it is refered to as a bug out bag but it does not have to be just for long term bug out. Something you might need if you are away from your house and things go bad. If you carry one on a regular basis what to you see as got to have items with you.

Shtf Bag

2 mags
1 flashlight
spare batteries
gps
good knife
small first aid kit
nomex gloves
fire starter
ear plugs
space blanket

Daily, in town, I really don't have much beyond immediate emergency/first aid. I only work 6 miles from home, and my job is in an 'unarmed victim zone.' Whenever I go farther, there is a bag that goes in the trunk which carries necessities for a few days. When I travel I custom pack based upon route, destination, and time of year/weather.

For instance, an AK or AR may be in the trunk for most trips, but those do not go with me to California (if the reason isn't obvious--please ask, I don't want you getting into trouble). Also, when travelling over high passes of the Sierra Nevada range in CA I pack differently than when headed to Phoenix, AZ--obviously much different terrain/climate.

Daily, in town, I really don't have much beyond immediate emergency/first aid. I only work 6 miles from home, and my job is in an 'unarmed victim zone.' Whenever I go farther, there is a bag that goes in the trunk which carries necessities for a few days. When I travel I custom pack based upon route, destination, and time of year/weather.

For instance, an AK or AR may be in the trunk for most trips, but those do not go with me to California (if the reason isn't obvious--please ask, I don't want you getting into trouble). Also, when travelling over high passes of the Sierra Nevada range in CA I pack differently than when headed to Phoenix, AZ--obviously much different terrain/climate.

I guess I'm somewhat uninformed. What is an 'unarmed victim zone'?

I have carried a backpack of some sort for over 30 years. I just always thought it was a good idea to carry spare stuff or things I might need for whatever.
Now--my wife is disabled--bedridden or wheelchair and I am her caretaker. I am self employed so I can pretty much pick my own work hours.
If SHTF --I have to get home --period. I have refined my GHB (get home bag) with that in mind. I do have tools,rope,water etc in my truck.
My bag has--this is from memory so I may forget a few things
Winter clothing in winter--spare gloves, hat and wool socks and Yak Trax (for walking on ice)
Summer clothing is basically xrta bandanas
5 LED lights--2 of them have red lenses (for nightime use)
Spare eyeglasses
First aid stuff
2 multitools
xtra lighters
pack of cigarettes
snack bars
binoculars
knife sharpener
at least 2 knives
GMRS walkie talkie
spare belt
spare holster
spare firearm w/ 2 mags and a water proof case with 50 xtra rds of ammo
4" aluminum caribiner
Space Blanket
Little Hotties--thoser hand warming things
4 light sticks
This, I think is most of it. This goes with me every day in my truck.
If I have to make short trips to the store I have a couple smaller bag setups that I use for those

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back