Should we thank the rioters/protesters in Ferguson?

As many of you are preppers and gun enthusiast.

Shouldn't we all be happy that some of those saggy pant wearing young men actually initiated the process of reversing the militarization of our local PD's?

I mean really? The same methods used in "dirty fergy" are the same ones planned for you and yours.

So the next time you see a young black guy with saggy pants and some stolen rims? Go up to him and thank him, shake his hand and hand him a belt!!!

Lmbo

Shouldn't we all be happy that some of those saggy pant wearing young men actually initiated the process of reversing the militarization of our local PD's?

Now that the militarization has gone turbo-charged with the addition of well, actual military in the form of National Guard troops, should we likewise blame those saggy pants wearing young men who initiated that process?

I mean really?

To tell you the truth, I don't mean really. I don't blame people for resisting abuse by the government. I don't condone looting, robbery, burglary or arson, but I'm not jaded enough to believe that those who are engaging in those acts are anywhere near a majority of the people out on the streets night after night getting gassed and shot with rubber bullets for exercising their First Amendment rights to assemble and protest. Mine may be the minority position on this board, but I'm much more concerned with what government and cops are doing in Ferguson than what any sub-division of citizens are doing.

The same methods used in "dirty fergy" are the same ones planned for you and yours.

So I see the "Chaplain" under your name. I've glanced at your YouTube channel and know you preach the Word. I am likewise a Christian. Am I any less among "you and yours" because I'm white? Because I'm here to tell you that your skin color, nor the color of any of the protesters' skin, separates me from you or them in any way, shape, manner or form from my perspective, only their actions can accomplish that. If they're committing crimes, they are not of me or mine. If they are protesting and exemplifying the best of what makes Americans unique, they most certainly are, but regardless, I pray for all their safety and protection. I don't pray for black protesters or white protesters, I pray for the protection of the protesters.

So the next time you see a young black guy with saggy pants and some stolen rims? Go up to him and thank him, shake his hand and hand him a belt!!!

Thank a thief? Not likely. I can't even pretend to understand what you're trying to convey with that absurdity.

What does that mean?

Blues

What is this militarization you speak of, and how have these guys initiated it's demise?

I don't pray for black protesters or white protesters, I pray for the protection of the protesters.

Thank a thief? Not likely. I can't even pretend to understand what you're trying to convey with that absurdity.

What does that mean?

...So if the thief is white, we don't thank him? Ooooh, that's right -- in that case we're supposed to walk up to him and say, "Hell Mr. Congressman! May I help you with carrying all that taxpayer loot?"

Fight absurdity with absurdity. I don't know about the rest of you, but I prep because I'll only be happy when disaster strikes. I carry a concealed firearm because I want somebody to attempt to assault/murder me. I only buy vehicles that are equipped with airbags 'coz being involved in a massive car accident would really give me the warm fuzzies... and even though I've got 6 fire extinguishers in my house, if my place burns to the ground some day, I'll be so excited that they'll have to sedate me.

You are aware of the oxymoron here right?

State NG troops have been serving non-stop in Afghanistan and Iraq since shortly after 9/11. I think they qualify as "actual military." You'd have a point if I said "Regular Army" or something, but I chose my words so that it is not an oxymoron at all.

I really don't want this input BUT the only difference between the NG State and the NG Federal is who's funding their pay check. Hence why boarder States really haven't activated their NG. WHO'S going to fund them? This really is all about who's gonna pay, house, feed these activated troops? Just my 2 cents.

State NG troops have been serving non-stop in Afghanistan and Iraq since shortly after 9/11. I think they qualify as "actual military." You'd have a point if I said "Regular Army" or something, but I chose my words so that it is not an oxymoron at all.

True. I concede the point

I returned home yesterday from 48 hours in ST Looo. I went out of my way to steer clear of the riot area and what I saw was a bunch of very meek acting blacks. The rioting is a product of a very narrow demographic in an already really BAD area. If it was metropolis wide, there would be no stopping the uprising-short of urban warfare.

The militarization of the police isn't stopping because of this incident or because anyone protested. They're not just gonna destroy all that equipment.
What puzzles me is that some of us make the same argument as the anti-gunners when it comes to arming police. It isn't the armament or equipment. It's the person behind the badge. It's the mindset of the person carrying that armament. Some of these guys are way off the map. Wired too tight. A good example is the LEO on video telling the people he'll f'ing kill them. This guy has to be a first class tool. He knows the camera is on him and he still can't shut his mouth. Clearly lacks self-control.

...A good example is the LEO on video telling the people he'll f'ing kill them. This guy has to be a first class tool. He knows the camera is on him and he still can't shut his mouth. Clearly lacks self-control.

I heard someone in that crowd threw urine on that poor guy, and another in the crowd had (what turned out to be) a BB gun. They were taunting him and surrounding him. Anyone else hear that? I wonder if you might not act similarly, given the totality of the circumstances. That guy is actually a good example of why they need to handle a situation like that en masse, and in full riot gear, I'd posit.

The agitators from outside Ferguson are doing all they can do to get the LEOs to shoot people. Then they will have what they want for their posters and election slogans!

I heard someone in that crowd threw urine on that poor guy, and another in the crowd had (what turned out to be) a BB gun. They were taunting him and surrounding him. Anyone else hear that? I wonder if you might not act similarly, given the totality of the circumstances. That guy is actually a good example of why they need to handle a situation like that en masse, and in full riot gear, I'd posit.
I would not act similarly. When you take a job in LE you understand these things will happen throughout your career. You chose it anyway. If you can't deal with the element then you need to find another career.

No I won't thank any of them, I will commend the protestors for acting on their 1st amendment rights but as for the rioters, the looters, the cocktail throwers and the gun shooters, nope, no can do. I think they were risking innocent lives just to stir things up. The rioting and looting IMO has done nothing more than take away from the cause the peaceful protestors wanted. WTF did anyone expect with the cops showing up in riot gear and military garb, this hasn't been any secret that the cops are prepared. They got and will get what they deserve if this continues.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back