Shotgun in vehicle?

Forrest Lambert

Ok guys I'm new to the shotgun world and live in Sioux Falls, SD. What is the law regarding having a shotgun in the vehicle and moving it from Apartment to vehicle? I don't have a carry bag for it yet and its a Hunting gun with a 28 inch barrel. what are the laws for these guns with no bags here in SD? Thanks everyone

I am wondering if maybe visiting any available website offered by SD that discloses such information. Nebraska offers a site with current statutes, I can't help but think SD would as well. Otherwise, you may end up with a variety of opinions and a thread that goes in any number of directions. Having said that, you might get lucky and someone could provide a link to any SD statutes site. As for me, and I hope not like everyone, I'm too lazy to do anyones google searches for them. :)

Oh, and how expensive could a bag be?

My step son goes to a university in North Dakota. When he was 18, he started with guns in the military. He used to go hunting and target shooting in some fields over there. Sometimes he just cannot go back to the armoury to put the guns back after a day out with his friends over the weekend. What he do is wrap his guns and rifles in a bed cover, then move it from the car to his apartment. What is so hard about that?

A semi ridgid soft cover left unzipped would give you instant access yet provide easy carry in public.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back