Shotgun for Skeet Shooting

442js

Can anyone recommend a good, relatively cheap shotgun for skeet shooting?

Thank you.

Skeet requires two very quick shots. It takes a lot of practice to be able to shoot skeet with a pump. Look for any good semi or over/under. Skeet also needs an open choke such as imp cyl or skeet choke so a tubed choke gun is necessary if you are using it for anything else. A rib is also nearly mandatory to break the heat waves coming off the barrel. For Trap, a pump is fine.

Skeet requires two very quick shots. It takes a lot of practice to be able to shoot skeet with a pump. Look for any good semi or over/under. Skeet also needs an open choke such as imp cyl or skeet choke so a tubed choke gun is necessary if you are using it for anything else. A rib is also nearly mandatory to break the heat waves coming off the barrel. For Trap, a pump is fine.

I was looking at a double barrel or over/under because the shotguns I have are designed for self-defense, and won't really work well for skeet shooting. What brands/models are recommended? I know Browning makes good models, but they are pretty expensive.

Most of the O/U's an SxS are pretty expensive unless you can get a used one. I have found that Stoger makes an O/U that appears to be good quality and is around $600. I say appears because I have only handled at a gun shop an have not shot yet (if I remember correctly Stoger is a subsidiary of Benelli). But for skeet the O/U is my preferred gun, I never got used to the SxS just felt like I was off to either side.

Kalmaity is correct...Benelli owns stoeger...their S2000 auto loader is excellent...I can trap skeet or hunt with mine...their barrels are made by beretta so they're excellent quality...choked really tight though...recommend opening up chokes at least one from anything you've ever used...I use improved on almost everything from doves and quail to skeet ...got close to 1000 rounds outta mine with 0 hiccups...price is good too...paid right at $440 for mine with the advantage camo

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back