Shot and Robbed At The Range

cmhbob

Sig fault.
A 74-year-old man was shot this week at a range here in OK. he was left for dead, and his guns and gun caddy were stolen.

Local coverage:
Retired Veteran Shot Multiple Times At Wagoner County Shooting R - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

Link Removed

Link Removed

Firearms description:
Link Removed

That's all the bad news. The good news is that he's expected to recover. The better news is that folks over at OKShooters are working on raising money to replace his guns. See Replacing the old war vets toys.. if you're interested.

And be careful at the range.

Here in the Charleston area of SC there is an outdoor gun range at the Francis Marion National Forest. It is just an open range with no direct supervision and, as you would expect, it is quite a bit "into the forest". I went there once with two other friends and have never gone back. I read a story like the one that headlines this thread and all it does is remind me of that extremely vulnerable feeling I felt out in the middle of nowhere with my firearms as I concentrate on the targets down range. Situational awareness is just blasting in front of my eyes as I envision some BG coming up to me, putting a bullet in my head and taking off with my firearms without a hint of a problem. I did not read the entire story surrounding this thread but I would guess that the gentleman was alone at an outdoor range--hey guys situational awareness is important even when you have your firearm right out in front of you.

Wow, glad the ol' guy will recover. I hope he recovers fully.

I've always assumed that we were half-way safe at the outdoor range. I see know how gun shots of 'evil' will go unnoticed at such a place. Kelcarry has a great point about situation awarness at all times!

This is sad and disgusting. I posted this to r/guns on Reddit so they can read about it to. This is a scary thought. Though I never go to an open range like this alone, but I can't help but think this old guy has done this more than 100 times in his past without issue.

Hope he recovers and the SOB's resist. I belonged to a range in the woods, no longer do, when on the ranch in South Texas am always armed, as is family, anyone on property without permission has been held a gunpoint for police, if necessary have a nice backhoe.

Never go to the range alone. Never have all your guns unloaded at one time (regardless of range rules)

Here in my State

They must have known he used this out of way site each day, and ambushed him. The firearm they took were not IMHO high dollar arms. So I think the thugs were druggies needing anything they could quickly sell.
Trying to kill someone over a simple hold up and robbery shows how stupid some here in Oklahoma are.

Hello. I sincerely hope that the Vet has a full recovery. I was raised by a Deputy Sheriff. In all the times that My Father took me to the various ranges with Him, I can never remember a time that He DIDN'T have a loaded S&W model 19 or 27 on his hip. His reasons were for my safety, as well as his. I am still the same way. It is too bad that you cannot trust your fellow man, anywhere. Even though I have never had a threatening moment at a range or while hunting, Here in Ohio, EVERY time that I have left a treestand in the woods, it has been stolen. Even when I was supposed to be the only one there. I no longer hunt here in Ohio, my state of residence. I have left equipment in the woods in Indiana, Arkansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Tennessee, Kentucky for weeks and months at at a time without ever having anything stolen, even though I live hundreds of miles away. I hope that the Gentlemans' guns are recovered. Along with that, hopefully, that the perpetraters are caught and put away. It would be an honor for me to convict and sentence them.

Fortunately (and, in a way, unfortunately) the ranges here in S. Florida are always busy, even on weekdays. Not much opportunity for a BG to prey on a shooter and expect to get away with it.

Wow! I hope he recovers. I hope they find them out on on the plains and leave em there.

I went to the public range when I first got my license to carry. I immediately joined a club. Usually, there is no one at the club when I am there. I think there are 9 separate ranges to shoot on. If there is some one there, I go to a different spot. I always open and lock the gate when I come in. It is an option to leave it open, but I prefer to keep it locked. I never empty all my guns I am practicing with.

To think someone had the balls to do this?! I too can only think of what kind of animals these tools where. To rob a elderly man, let alone his guns and shoot him? At a gun range?.....makes me sick. After all the stupid violent acts performed on Black Fri at the stores over some POS materialist item that means nothin... and now this? It's thugs like this...the ones that will scream murder when their sit-on-my-lazy-ass welfare n unemployed $$ from John Doe Tax Payer, don't get their checks. I don't hope anything bad on anyone....but I do believe the universe finds a way to get even with them. And make it a slow painful one too, if your taking requests dear universe.

Glad he is going to be OK. With the #s published hopefully they will show up and be able to be traced to the perps. Like others have said---hope they resist.

He survived & will recover is all that matters to me. The weapons & buggy are replacable, he is Not! I dont think its Random, id be willing to wager a half a paycheck that atleast one of the actors was either related or knows this man personally? How else could you literally walk or drive up on an Armed citizen and successfully shoot & rob them?

Glad he is going to be OK. With the #s published hopefully they will show up and be able to be traced to the perps. Like others have said---hope they resist.

I would like to make something clear, this place he was shot at is not a real range as people understand them being. It is a place the Core of Engineers allows hunters to sight in their rifles.

Many use it to practice their shooting skills also.
There is no range master or any over site. You are on your own and in Oklahoma you are always needing to be on your guard when out in the Counties.

He survived & will recover is all that matters to me. The weapons & buggy are replacable, he is Not! I dont think its Random, id be willing to wager a half a paycheck that atleast one of the actors was either related or knows this man personally? How else could you literally walk or drive up on an Armed citizen and successfully shoot & rob them?

Plus 1+

I would be talking more to the cousin.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back