Shorter stock 12 ga shotgun?

mom of 3 angels

I went trap shooting with my husband and a friend of ours Saturday and had an absolute blast. I love shooting trap, but have to go with a friend so I can borrow their gun to shoot since I don't own a shotgun yet. This friend's gun was a Remington 870 Express and was a little too long in the stock for me so I ended up with bruises on my arm from it, but it was a great shooter and lots of fun. I really want a Browning Lady Gold, but they're only about $1,000. Know any less expensive, 12 ga., shorter than standard length of pull shotguns? I don't care if it's an autoloader or pump. Oh yeah, and Wednesday is my birthday--donations to the shotgun fund are welcome. :wink:

Since you liked the 870, take a look at Remington's Youth and Youth Jr. 870's. Link Removed The Youth versions have a shorter length of pull than the standard model, and the Jr. is 1" shorter than that.

Happy Birthday, too.

Last edited:
I went trap shooting with my husband and a friend of ours Saturday and had an absolute blast. I love shooting trap, but have to go with a friend so I can borrow their gun to shoot since I don't own a shotgun yet. This friend's gun was a Remington 870 Express and was a little too long in the stock for me so I ended up with bruises on my arm from it, but it was a great shooter and lots of fun. I really want a Browning Lady Gold, but they're only about $1,000. Know any less expensive, 12 ga., shorter than standard length of pull shotguns? I don't care if it's an autoloader or pump. Oh yeah, and Wednesday is my birthday--donations to the shotgun fund are welcome. :wink:

Remington makes a "youth model" 870 express. I've got one in 20 gauge. They also sell after market stocks for most shotguns. I picked up a "M4" style tactical stock for my Mossberg 500. When I get motivated I'll install it. The stock has a recoil spring which makes the recoil a little easier.

Happy birthday!

gf

Happy Birthday, Mom3!

I have found that the Knoxx brand of stocks are the best for recoil dampening. They have a new adjustable "M4" style that would solve both the recoil issue and the length of pull. Also, if you were to go with this stock, you could buy a cheap Mossburg 500 with only the pistol grip since you would be replacing it straight away. Long story short, it would probably be as cheap, and maybe even cheaper, than a more traditional setup. You would, however, look pretty "tactical" out there. :wink:

Link Removed

I too would recommend something like a Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 that is easily customizable, or, if you're adventurous, one with no stock at all.

I would go with a Mossberg 590,it is an up grade from the 500 or a Remington 870 and put the Knox stock on it.
Here is some info on the stock.
Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back