Shopping in bulk

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
I try to buy in bulk...but when people ask why so much I don't give them much of an answer. Sam's club and others are great but watch out, you could be setting yourself up for a visit from the BATFE alcohol enforcement boys. Just buy a lot of sugar all at once and see who is making a list and checking it twice.

A better plan is to buy an extra large every time you go to the store and just keep adding to the stockpile. Onzies toozies do not raise concern but 500lbs of sugar at a time does. Ask any moonshiner and you'll find out.

Stay under the radar when prepping and you will not have a string of people at your door looking for a handout when TSHTF.

I've got a business membership. Haven't had any problems so far with any large quantities of anything I've purchased.

gf

I take out a skid load of toilet paper at a time.....no one even blinks..:biggrin::sarcastic:

I try to buy in bulk...but when people ask why so much I don't give them much of an answer. Sam's club and others are great but watch out, you could be setting yourself up for a visit from the BATFE alcohol enforcement boys. Just buy a lot of sugar all at once and see who is making a list and checking it twice.

A better plan is to buy an extra large every time you go to the store and just keep adding to the stockpile. Onzies toozies do not raise concern but 500lbs of sugar at a time does. Ask any moonshiner and you'll find out.

Stay under the radar when prepping and you will not have a string of people at your door looking for a handout when TSHTF.

+1. and try not to use that credit card if you can help it.

On a similar note, it's good to have a variety of foods in your pantry/storage also, so a variety of items each time you go would be better than all sugar today, all rice next week.
Ahhh, I miss Sam's club . . . 2 hours to get there isn't worth the membership anymore--I mostly mail order bulk items now, or hit case lot sales around here for flour/sugar/etc. And for the sugar, just tell them you make a lot of jam/jelly . . . shouldn't get any questions at 100 lbs at a time.

On a similar note, it's good to have a variety of foods in your pantry/storage also, so a variety of items each time you go would be better than all sugar today, all rice next week.
Ahhh, I miss Sam's club . . . 2 hours to get there isn't worth the membership anymore--I mostly mail order bulk items now, or hit case lot sales around here for flour/sugar/etc. And for the sugar, just tell them you make a lot of jam/jelly . . . shouldn't get any questions at 100 lbs at a time.

Good point mom. If or I should say when the balloon goes up it would be better to have a little of everything than a lot of one thing.

Anyone interested should be aware that Cabela's, a nationwide chain of outfitters, carries ammo of various calibers in what appear to be plastic .50 cal ammo cans. The price on a can runs right around $100. Bring a lens, as the labels are a bit difficult to read.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back