Shooting while Pregnant??

This week I introduced my female work partner to the joy of shooting. For one who had never shot ANYTHING, she did well and is now very interested in getting her own.
The question came up about shooting while pregnant (the other carry). As a male, I have never considered the question. Would the noise & concussion be detrimental?
TIA

Not a problem at all. The infant is protected by the amniotic fluid surrounding it, which will suppress the loud noises of shooting.
Check youtube for videos by Cory Erika. She just gave birth, and was running and gunning throughout her pregnancy. She talks about that and discussions with her doctors while pregnant on FB and YT. She's a very active shooter, and runs a training ground with her fiance, Cory.

Rely purely on medical data, not opinions of posters. Gunshot residue is very toxic. Lead & residue is absorbed through the skin. Smoke is absorbed through the lungs and nasal membranes. Pregnant women should not shoot. When I return from a day od shooting I notice I can feel the smoothness of the residue on my skin. I cover the seats in my truck, leave my clothes in the garage and shower before handling the kids, dogs or hanging out on the furniture.
The NRA recommends thoroughly washing hands and face after shooting to reduce exposure. However, once ingested the only way to lower lead levels is through Chelation therapy... very expensive and usually not covered by insurance.
Regarding those who disagree... why take a chance with a baby's life?

Make sure that when you wash, you use cold water. Hot water will open the pores of your skin allowing the lead dust that has fallen on your skin an easier path. I've known a handful of instructors who have had lead poisoning. Everyone one of their doctors recommends washing this way.

Generally, I will wash my face, hands, and arms at the range first before going home.

Make sure that when you wash, you use cold water. Hot water will open the pores of your skin allowing the lead dust that has fallen on your skin an easier path. I've known a handful of instructors who have had lead poisoning. Everyone one of their doctors recommends washing this way.

Generally, I will wash my face, hands, and arms at the range first before going home.

That was what I hated most about being pregnant... You're not supposed to take hot showers anyway. Not a fan of lukewarm showers. That and no sushi... I was in Hawaii at the time with tons of fresh seafood and I couldn't have sushi.

I did notread all the replies,, so pardon me if I am repeating comments, but just wanted to reply with an obvious comment. Imminent danger does not distinguish nor does it care about pregnant women. If we are talking about target practice etal--I'll give those replies on noise, lead, etal some credibility, but outside of that, a firearm has nothing to do with pregnancy but imminent danger does for not only pregnancy but for your very life and, obviously, the life of your baby.

Why do you find it necessary to bring politics into every damn discussion ?

I think it likely boils down to moderation, just like many other things a mother may have the urge for while pregnant.

I would doubt that going to a range a few time while pregnant will cause damage to the baby. Limit your contact and take the normal safety precautions and maybe even consider latex gloves and a face mask. Just don't do it every weekend.

As far as every day life follow your normal routine. Carry your weapon and if the need arises you'll have it. I'm sure almost any woman on here would rather give birth to a baby with minor hearing damage from having to shoot a carjacker than having the doctors cut a premature baby out of her womb before they turn off the life support on her or even worse both mother and baby perishing because she was afraid to shoot a gun at all while pregnant.

Never, never, NEVER shoot while pregnant! Breathing in molecule-sized lead particles can damage the fetus. Same goes for breast-feeding. NO SHOOTING WHILE PREGNANT OR BREAST-FEEDING !!!

Never, never, NEVER shoot while pregnant! Breathing in molecule-sized lead particles can damage the fetus. Same goes for breast-feeding. NO SHOOTING WHILE PREGNANT OR BREAST-FEEDING !!!

Our doctor and our new pediatrician say otherwise.

Take a shower asap after shooting, and everything well be fine.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Our doctor and our new pediatrician say otherwise.

Take a shower asap after shooting, and everything well be fine.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

I kind of agree with izflashback on the never shoot while breastfeeding. Not only would one have to shoot one handed, but the brass might eject towards the baby's head. :sarcastic:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back