Shooting range near Bayfield, north of US 160

CharlieK

Is anyone familiar with the public range just north of US 160, near Bayfield? I haven't tried it, but am interested. Thanks in advance.

It's maintained by the Bayfield Lion's club, but it is public, and there is no oversight. Many people joining the local clubs to use their club ranges often cite experiences with others at the Bayfield range as a motivation for joining the club. I've only visited it once and never shot on it, but it looked decent enough when no one else was on it!

For something closer to you, if you haven't found it yet: durangogunclub.org

Thank you. I've visited a meeting of the Durango Gun Club, but haven't shot at their ranges. One disadvantage is that in their indoor range, you can shoot lead bullets, only.

I end up shooting a lot of .22LR in the winter since that's ok on the Durango indoor range! Unfortunately the closest less-limited indoor range I know about is over in Cortez.

That would be Summit Shooting Center at the intersection of Hwy 160 South and CR G in Cortez. Great place to shoot when the weather is bad. Quite a few people shoot there from Durango.

Oops, just found the extended rules...never mind! Looks like Summit doesn't allow working from a holster, and they define 'rapid fire' as more than one shot every 3 seconds. That wouldn't even let me practice a conventional bullseye course of fire, but I guess they get enough yahoos in there who put too many holes in the ceilings and walls.

You're correct no holster work. The range has booths with a small counter at the front negating draw from the
holster, it's easy enough to do your holster work dry at home. As to the 3 second rule, all I can say it's not enforced.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back