shooting in the woods

harveydent

I went shooting at the sultan pit for years.. i went on mondays or tuesdays and always cleaned up after myself and then some.. ive been going to wades lately and miss shooting outside by myself ... last time i went to wades it was packed with a 30 min wait.. its mostly a safety concern with so many newbies on date night..
Anyhow , id love a little insight on how to get back to the great outdoors. DNR land i hear yocar shoot unless otherwise posted.. true ? i dont want to get fined or worse..any help is appreciated...

I would also like to hear about any concrete info regarding this issue.
Last time I was out camping and thought I knew the rules, oh how wrong I was. Thankfully the park ranger and county officers were reasonable people who dealt with me and my friend. To make a long story short, we researched the RCWs and found that the area we camped in would be fine for shooting as long as we followed certain restrictions. Unfortunately, the area was under a different set of rules... The authorities decided that we were honest and naive, and that was that. It could have been worse...

I shoot on private property and state parks land all the time. Their are certain restrictions on distance from roads, water, and campsites. I believe atleast 100" from road, 200' from water, and must have a hill as a back stop. If there is no shooting signs, you can get in trouble. The rangers stop in periodically to check, or explaian the regs if you are unsure. Usually very polite. If you are going shooting and want to make sure you're ok, just stop by a ranger station or call. They will assist you in areas permittable, and the safety regulations. If you see drunken idiots being unsafe, report them. There have been areas shutdown, due to drinking and too many unsafe shooting violations. Unsafe idiots will ruin outdoor shooting for everyone. No one needs to die, because of someone being unsafe. let the sheriff deal with them. Fellow WA. shooter

I went shooting at the sultan pit for years.. i went on mondays or tuesdays and always cleaned up after myself and then some.. ive been going to wades lately and miss shooting outside by myself ... last time i went to wades it was packed with a 30 min wait.. its mostly a safety concern with so many newbies on date night..
Anyhow , id love a little insight on how to get back to the great outdoors. DNR land i hear yocar shoot unless otherwise posted.. true ? i dont want to get fined or worse..any help is appreciated...

Hey , I know the place you are talking about in Sultan. I went there about a month ago with some friends and we were cut short by a Sheriffs Deputy. We checked out a forest service map and kept driving and found a couple "end of the road areas" outside of goldbar. Nobody bothered us. If you take the time to go down the forest service road a little bit, doesn't seem like anyone cares too much.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back