Shooting at mall

You know, we may be 'blaming' the wrong people. Ou local credit unions are posted. I spoke with a senior staff person about it and was informed that not only was this staff person licensed to CC, but were very strong advocates of 2A.

The real culprit in this case is the insurance industry. Their, (the cu's) bond holder demanded that the premisis be posted. Apparently the governing board has to decide between 'angering a few', or pay higher premiums.

Quite the conundrum.

Anyone have any idea

what type of money a business can save by posting? A few years ago I was working PT at Best-Buy and they weren't posted. Neither were Circuit City, supermarkets or any Wal-Marts I was patronizing. In fact, think how many businesses aren't posted. If this is a significant amount of money, I would think more would post. Bank of America and my smaller local bank back stateside weren't posted so it doesn't seem to be THAT large a consideration even for financial institutions. Surely there has to be a gun store owner on this forum or that we know who could clue us in on this consideration?

Where does the blame go?

Excerpted from CNN Article, Saturday, December 8th…

"Some who knew Hawkins in suburban Bellevue said Friday that they tried to warn police about his recent behavior.

Kevin Harrington, who lived nearby, said he contacted police a month ago to report his and other parents' concerns that Hawkins and his friends had easy access to guns and sold drugs.

Harrington, 45, said he told police in Bellevue about a month ago that one of Hawkins' friends offered to sell Valium to his 13-year-old son. Harrington said he also told police that Hawkins had once shot at a car during a drug deal gone bad.

"We told them about the drugs, we told them about the guns, and nothing was done," he said."

Neighbors comments regarding the shooter's history and attempts at getting the police to intervene earlier. It would seem that, once again, the police are unable to act until AFTER the event. That phrase, "when seconds count, the police are only minutes away..." is strong in my mind right now.

Excerpted from CNN Article, Saturday, December 8th…

"Some who knew Hawkins in suburban Bellevue said Friday that they tried to warn police about his recent behavior.

Kevin Harrington, who lived nearby, said he contacted police a month ago to report his and other parents' concerns that Hawkins and his friends had easy access to guns and sold drugs.

Harrington, 45, said he told police in Bellevue about a month ago that one of Hawkins' friends offered to sell Valium to his 13-year-old son. Harrington said he also told police that Hawkins had once shot at a car during a drug deal gone bad.

"We told them about the drugs, we told them about the guns, and nothing was done," he said."

Neighbors comments regarding the shooter's history and attempts at getting the police to intervene earlier. It would seem that, once again, the police are unable to act until AFTER the event. That phrase, "when seconds count, the police are only minutes away..." is strong in my mind right now.

+ 1. However, I wonder if the police don't get huge numbers of such warning and probably can't possibly follow up on them all. After all, we all have access to guns so I suppose all of us could be reported by concerned neighbors.

I agree up to the point

where the shot was fired at a car during a drug deal. No one could bring that up about anyone I know who carries.

I had a situation a few years ago where someone tried to get the police to "notice" me because I carried. Fortunately, I had a rational Sheriff's Deputy involved who pointed out that if I had a permit he wasn't worried. He only worried about people without permits carrying guns was his comment to the person. Then he invited me to go to my car and get my firearm even though I was standing in a Sheriff's station. No, I don't think he was setting me up. In fact, he and a couple of other deputies said I was welcome to come back for hunting and fishing with them in western Idaho.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back