Shoot out In Man's Home

HK4U

What I want to know is how did he miss at point blank range with a shot gun?

Link Removed

Doubtful the crook "escaped" the shotgun blast as the story stated, the shooter just missed. I'll state the obvious here: practice, practice, practice. The best home or self defense firearm is useless if you can't hit anything with it!

Doubtful the crook "escaped" the shotgun blast as the story stated, the shooter just missed. I'll state the obvious here: practice, practice, practice. The best home or self defense firearm is useless if you can't hit anything with it!

this is true.. I have a friend who is almost blind but he likes shooting.. and he can hit what he is aiming for.. it's all about the practice!

My Mossberg 500 makes about a 2" pattern at 10 feet with the 18.5" barrel. I can easily see how the guy missed... Just because its a "shot gun" doesn't mean you don't have to aim your weapon.

I've got a Mossberg with a pistol grip stock. First time out I just fired from the hip at an old license plate from about 20ft. Totally missed. Out of 6 shells of #7 birdshot, only a couple of pellets hit. Held it to my shoulder, put the bead on the tag, tag ceased to exist. Shotguns make big holes, but you still have to aim.

Not just practice but perfect practice, He may have still hit him just not bad enough to keep him from wanting to get away from being shot at again with a shot gun. I doubt he will go back to that house.

DJ58

So they are looking for a guy wearing a Dallas Cowboys hat in Texas.

That ought to narrow the search considerably. :icon_wink:

Geddie said his brain was the most powerful weapon he used during the incident. He was able to think his way through everything, he said.
It's too bad he didn't use his brain when he purchased a pistol-grip shotgun without any stock or even a handle to help on the aim. Gee, I wonder why he missed? :rolleyesb:

And he DROPPED the damn thing. Glad he "thought" his way into picking it up. At least he had a firearm though.

Guess the Good Guys can claim .5 point for this one.

I carried a 12 ga. and a 45 acp when we boarded junks off the coast of Vietnam. Beleve me you had to pactice with them. You also had to place it to your shoulder and aim. We used 00 buck and at close range it did not open up that much,so we had to aim to hit with it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back