Sheriff's dept. spied on Supervisors

maybejim

Maybejim
I got this from an e-mail from OCCCWS. This is the appointed Sheriff that was revoking carry permits because she didn't think they had adequate reason to have one.
Sheriff’s department spied on supervisors
Posted: 22 Jan 2009 10:54 AM CST
This item was posted to the Orange County Register blog by Steven Greenhut. Obviously it is extremely disturbing.
I just talked to Supervisor Chris Norby, who told me that at the Board of Supervisors meeting on Tuesday that deputies had taken control of the security cameras and had panned the audience and then zeroed in on two supes — Norby and Janet Nguyen. The deputy used the camera to look at the two supervisors’ personal notes and text messages. Sheriff Sandra Hutchens called the two supervisors to tell them that and warn them that if there was anything embarrassing on their notes or texts that it could become public. According to Norby, Hutchens defended what Norby termed a 1984-like approach to security. He was referring, of course, to the George Orwell novel about totalitarianism. Norby said the sheriff’s department now spies on supervisors. This is outrageous. Not only did the sheriff target gun-rights supporters for searches and interrogations — without any specific threat having been made — but now she uses cameras to focus on audience members and even supervisors who dare to question her policies. This is very intimidating stuff — an appalling display, according to the California Newspaper Publishers Association. Hutchens — who left the room surrounded by a sea of officers — is either paranoid, or so hostile to disagreement that she is willing to engage in despicable tactics to stifle debate. No one can possibly be this politically tone-deaf, so it must reveal Sheriff Hutchens’ hostility to free debate, disagreement, open government and the democratic process.
[From Link Removed]

isn't espionage in government illegal or something? this lady needs to be relieved of her office

What do they have to fear?

That they will some how lose control of the Slaves and people will start to think for them self's. This Chick sounds like a SS officer whats next mass round up of gun owners? They will wake up one day and holy crap People in Ca want their gun rights back.

That they will some how lose control of the Slaves and people will start to think for them self's. This Chick sounds like a SS officer whats next mass round up of gun owners? They will wake up one day and holy crap People in Ca want their gun rights back.

Out of my cold dead hands, only after I run out of ammo

So what became of this and the Sheriff? I cannot find anything on it. It's been 2 years.

Dunno about the spy thing, but she won the election in June 2010.
On top of that, she's not about to win any support from anyone here on CCW issues: “If you want more guns and CCWs (concealed weapon permits), then you should vote for one of my opponents,” Hutchens said...
Source: Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back