Shavings when firing...?

TLoK

TheLegendofKĕvō.com
I recently picked up a Taurus PT809c. I took it out today to run a box of ammo through it. I'm kind of new to the world of guns so go easy on me.

Should I be concerned about a few small shavings of the bullet hitting me when I fired it? It didn't have any issues feeding. It didn't have any issues ejecting the casings. But I noticed that something hit me and stuck in my shirt when I shot it, and it was a small shaving of metal. It was dark, so I couldn't tell if it was copper, lead, or what. And the gun seemed to work fine other than that one issue.

I was shooting Federal ammo. I've used Federal before in other guns and haven't noticed that before. I don't know if that is something that can create a problem long-term. Thoughts?

Sent from my LGLS676 using Link Removed

What did you shoot at and at what distance? Did you pick up the brass and inspected it? Din you inspect the gun for any wear?

I was 30' from an old wheel hub. I didn't notice any damage on the gun. I didn't pick up the brass though as the grass was knee high and it was dark

Find a better target! The only steel I am shooting at in training/practice are flat steel plates that are mounted properly. Bullets can ricochet or skip off surfaces! I had heavily deformed bullets come back at me at slow speed at an indoor range once, because the idiot next to me was hitting the steel part of the target holder.

Maybe that's all it was. I took the gun apart about an hour ago and looked again for any damages and there's not a scratch on it. We shot the wheel before, but it was angled differently. It was dark and I didn't need to target practice as much as I just needed to put a box of ammo through it as it's going to be my new EDC. Thanks for the feedback.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back