Shall issue CCW bill AB 357 introduced into CA legislature

Quiet

BILL NUMBER: AB 357 INTRODUCED

BILL TEXT

INTRODUCED BY Assembly Member Knight

FEBRUARY 19, 2009

An act to amend Section 12050 of the Penal Code, relating to firearms.

LEGISLATIVE COUNSEL'S DIGEST

AB 357, as introduced, Knight. Firearms: license to carry concealed firearm.

Existing law authorizes the sheriff of a county, upon proof that the person applying is of good moral character, that good cause exists, and that the person applying satisfies any one of certain conditions, as specified, to issue a license for the person to carry a concealed handgun, as specified.

This bill would delete the good cause requirement, and require the sheriff to issue the license if the other criteria described above are met.

By imposing additional duties on local law enforcement agencies, this bill would impose a state-mandated local program.

The California Constitution requires the state to reimburse local agencies and school districts for certain costs mandated by the state. Statutory provisions establish procedures for making that reimbursement.

This bill would provide that, if the Commission on State Mandates determines that the bill contains costs mandated by the state, reimbursement for those costs shall be made pursuant to these statutory provisions.

Source: AB 357 Assembly Bill - INTRODUCED

Contact your state assembly person and urge them to support AB 357.

Last edited by a moderator:
+2 on contacting your assemblyman, contact your state senator as well. Get as many people as possible in the know. I would suggest letters to both the local offices and the state capital.

BILL NUMBER: AB 357 INTRODUCED

BILL TEXT

INTRODUCED BY Assembly Member Knight

FEBRUARY 19, 2009

An act to amend Section 12050 of the Penal Code, relating to firearms.

LEGISLATIVE COUNSEL'S DIGEST

AB 357, as introduced, Knight. Firearms: license to carry concealed firearm.

Existing law authorizes the sheriff of a county, upon proof that the person applying is of good moral character, that good cause exists, and that the person applying satisfies any one of certain conditions, as specified, to issue a license for the person to carry a concealed handgun, as specified.

This bill would delete the good cause requirement, and require the sheriff to issue the license if the other criteria described above are met.

By imposing additional duties on local law enforcement agencies, this bill would impose a state-mandated local program.

The California Constitution requires the state to reimburse local agencies and school districts for certain costs mandated by the state. Statutory provisions establish procedures for making that reimbursement.

This bill would provide that, if the Commission on State Mandates determines that the bill contains costs mandated by the state, reimbursement for those costs shall be made pursuant to these statutory provisions.

Source: AB 357 Assembly Bill - INTRODUCED

Contact your state assembly person and urge them to support AB 357.

I have contacted Senator Maldonado and Assemblywoman Caballero. I doubt I am going to get anywhere with these two. Have done this before.

Well, if one does not try than they have no right to complain when things suck later. We have a responsibility to make things right in our state.

Add Senator Gloria Negrete Mc Leod and Assemblyman Bill Emmerson to the list of officials contacted. :biggrin: I hope it passes. I have been wanting to get my ccw and I had been talking to people I know that has gotten on and they all have been telling me that its somewhat hard in my area and that if I get denied then I may never get one.

Rick

The above bill states that is mandates the sheriff issue. I wonder if this also covers the chief of police if they are the issuing party? Let's hope this gets passed!

Good luck guys. 48 years of me living in California and it's only gotten worse there since I left, we all know the true chances of this even getting out of committee with the Democrat dominated legislature. The only hope for the state is fair and true impartial redistricting so you guys can vote some decent legislators in, but even that gets shot down each time it comes up. Good luck anyway.

You'll need more than luck for CA. I left there back in 1992. The first two firearms I purchased were bought in CA and now are illegal to purchase in CA because they're not on the approved sale roster. One of them has a native magazine capacity of 15 rounds. :eek:

On a positive note, some of my AR-15 lowers are shipping. They're evil anti-Kalifornicated low shelf lowers. :sarcastic: Just need to find a RDIAS at a good price. :biggrin:

Well, if one does not try than they have no right to complain when things suck later. We have a responsibility to make things right in our state.

Things don't suck later, they suck now! I just know how my local representatives think and how they will vote. Like I mentioned before, I went down this road before. I'll get a letter from both telling me that they can't vote in our favor.

AB357 was killed in the Public Safety committee. :cray:
Vote went...
No = 5
Yes = 1
Abstain = 1

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member