sending my application

mrjam2jab

for non-resident permit.

Ii've got the app all filled out, picture done and getting printed today.

My question has to do with the picture. It specifically says not to attach the picture to the application. So...do i just drop it in the envelope and hope they don't lose it when they open the packet?

Sent mine in last week, mine was in a little folder from the Wal-Mart photo shop. You could put it in a small envelope labeled "photo".

I sent in two, with a "cover sheet" before and after the photos attached with a paper clip, to prevent them from being cracked or warped. The local sheriff's office told me this is the best thing to do because if the picture is damaged in any way it will not be accepted.

I like the folder-it-came-in idea...i think ill do it that way...

Now to find a PD that i can actually get printed at. Stopped by the PA State police and they said they cant do out of state weapons permits "until further notice"...something about not having any control of it...which to me doesnt make any sense...it is out of state...

Doesn't sound right to me, it might be that particular officer's opinion, or he didn't feel like doing it right then. I'd try another barracks or local PD or Sheriff's office. Or call the state's attorney's office to get an "official" read.

Post back what you find out, I'm sure a lot of other folks would be interested in the answer.

Doesn't sound right to me, it might be that particular officer's opinion, or he didn't feel like doing it right then. I'd try another barracks or local PD or Sheriff's office. Or call the state's attorney's office to get an "official" read.

Post back what you find out, I'm sure a lot of other folks would be interested in the answer.

No...he asked a Corp...which i'm assuming was the ranking trooper there at the time...and it was the Corp that said "NUFN"....

I was supposed to meet a local cop on Tues, but he never showed up...called his cell when i got there and only got voice mail...I'm gonna call the sheriff's office on Monday...my nearest one is a satellite office hopefully they can do it...

My Florida permit arrived in the mail this morning. It took 39 days from the day I mailed the application. I guess I can't complain.

As far as the pictures go, don't trust that whatever "passport photo" place took your picture necessarily gave you a photo acceptable to the state you're applying to. I understand that both Utah and Florida reconfigure the photos to get everybody's head about the same size, but I had to have several sets taken before I was confident I had a good one. One set, for example, had too much shadow on my face. Another looked like the mugshot of a serial killer on meth. I ended up enclosing two or three different photos with a note that said, "Please choose the photo you believe to be the most appropriate."

For Utah, I also made a bad mistake in sending green-and-white cards for the fingerprints. (The PD was out of the blue ones.) I called them immediately after recognizing the error, and they told me simply to send blue-and-white cards with an explanatory letter so they could match them to my application. I did that right away, but it was wishful thinking—the application came back with instructions to use the correct cards. Of course I did so, but I couldn't help but notice that the Utah people themselves had stapled my photo to the application. The staple was placed horizontally, low on the photo.

By the way, I think it's great that the Commissioner of the department that issues the Florida CCW license is . . . Charles Bronson!

If I remember correctly, when I sent in my application, they asked for two photos, not one. I simply placed them in the envelope (last name written in felt tip pen on the back). No problem--few weeks later, my license arrived.

A word on your fingerprinting issue--any law enforcement officer can do the fingerprints. It does not have to be a police officer in your home town, or even your home state. So as long as you find any police officer willing to do it, it will be accepted. Florida only cares that it was an actual law enforcement officer that did the fingerprinting (however, not a retired officer).

New Threads

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back